Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is about 1 year, 9 days "old" from the dealer, so I brought it in for the free oil change and inspection that they offered. That went fine; Maintenance Minder now shows oil at 100% life when I checked on the way home. However, two more service notifications popped up that weren't there when I drove to the dealer: "B:Oil & Filter" and "1:Tire Rotation". The dealer said that the first one could be for the air filter (which seems completely wrong based on the Owner's Manual as air filters seem to be "2:Air Filters"), and I guess the Tire Rotation notification could just be an anniversary thing, as the car has only 4,100 miles on it.

Since I just changed the oil and filter, should I just reset the "B:Oil & Filter" notification, or am I missing something? You would think that when they reset the oil to 100%, it would have reset the oil&filter notification. I don't have an issue with rotating the tires, but I'm not going to do that at the dealer, and was hoping to wait a bit longer as the car has low mileage.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,191 Posts
Just telling you what will need doing next time. B16 is normal second service.
Guess you do short trips?

·
Everything in Moderation
7,615 Posts
X2 on the fact that you are prob just seeing what is due next.

The dealer might have been referring to the CABIN filter. I change that myself once a year (after pollen season is over).

A clean C F allows the A/C to work more efficiently. My wife & daughter suffer from allergies so I always buy the charcoal-laced filters (as originally fitted). The cheaper filters are just pleated paper.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All - Many thanks. After sending a direct e-mail to the service manager at the dealer, he confirmed what was said above: "B1" in the Maintenance Minder signals the next recommended service, but when that service should be done will be indicated by a service light on the dash. I thought I had read the owner's manual carefully, but don't recall it being explained that way. I'll check again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the manual; it does indicate that the service lights on the dash indicate that a service is needed, and then the maintenance minder indicates what is required. It doesn't seem to clearly explain that the MM also indicates what's coming up next when no service is indicated. It's just a little confusing, but clear enough now.

For the person who asked what kind of driving I do, it's weekend driving as I use public transportation during the week. The drives actual tend to be longer, but there aren't as many of them. If someone creates a service to match up people who need a car during the week with people who need one during the weekend, I'd be all over it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts