Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a used 2016 FWD in July,( no bells and whistles,) 2019. 27K on the odometer. We decided to add an extra 36K coverage. Looks like we'll need it. We've already had to replace the radio. It doesn't bode well for the electronics in this vehicle. (Unheard of in any previously owned Hondas. 1997 Odyssey currently 196K on it; which has needed only regular maintenance and radio was replaced at the 18 year mark. Tough little engine. It was built in Japan. It still runs like a champ.) This one was built in Mexico. After 32 years of Honda ownership, for the first time I am worried. It seems to be a sign of the times... Also; CVT trannies are loud and disquieting as well; especially going downhill. (Where we live, winding hills are abundant.) I don't feel secure driving. Hope we didn't make a mistake on this one.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your purchase. I've not seen a significant number of issues related to the electronics on the 4th generation CR-V but I honestly haven't been tracking them as I've not experienced that with mine (also a 2016 that I bought used). Hopefully your local Honda shop can get your radio squared away and that will be the only electronic issue you will face for a few years. Mine also has the CVT and it is a little different when going down hills but I've not noticed it being noisy. You might see if you can "test drive" another similar vehicle to see how yours compares and if there is a difference take advantage of that extended coverage. Best wishes!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts