Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this has been posted before. (I cannot find a search tool for older posts)

I have been searching around the internet about the new specs on the 2016 CRV. Does anyone have any reliable information on what changes, feature upgrades it will have?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Based on the 15 be a mid model redesign and seeing how Honda has worked in the past, I dont see many of any changes for 2016. If history repeats itself, the 2017 will be a complete redesign and why no changes will happen to the 2016.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the clarification. I looked at the 2016 Accord, noticed it had Apple/Android integrated into the infotainment. I wonder if that will make it to the '16 CRV as well? And EX and up with standard remote start would be nice also. I am also guessing there will not be any paint/color changes until the '17 redesign.

·
Registered
784 Posts
At this stage of the current generation's life I wouldn't expect anything other than very minor changes.

One thing to watch though: if EPA mileage estimates go down by 1 mpg or so, you can bet it's associated with the consequences of "fixing" the 2015's Mode 1 & 2 vibration issues. And if that happens, you can also bet the 2015 owners with vibration issues are out of luck.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'll just echo what everyone else has been saying. I don't expect to see any changes for 2016 except maybe in the colors offered and maybe (as Dans15 pointed out) a fix for the vibration issues.
As for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto... Based on what I have seen in the past, the Accord gets the new stuff first and then about two model years later the CR-V might get it. So that would mean the 2017 model year.

I wonder if Honda might change this pattern in the future seeing as how the CR-V outsells the Accord by a wide margin.

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
2016 Info

Honda has release the 2016 details. As a user above said, the EPA ratings are down from 2015. Very interesting observation from an earlier post in this thread on how if they are down that would mean they fixed the vibration issue.

hondanews.com/releases

·
Registered
380 Posts
Honda has release the 2016 details. As a user above said, the EPA ratings are down from 2015. Very interesting observation from an earlier post in this thread on how if they are down that would mean they fixed the vibration issue.

hondanews.com/releases
Nice! Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I see they're bringing back the SE trim. I hope they also release a fix for the Idle Vibration soon. Anyone heard anything? Software fix at Dealers?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Has anyone with a CR-Vibrator thought about renting theirs out (example: relayrides)?

Maybe you can make some money on it to make up for some of the depreciation hit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, the specs sheet is wrong: the highway EPA mileage is higher for AWD than 2WD and the AWD rating is 2mpg higher than 2015. Makes one wonder how reliable the rest on the info may be.
How dare you question Honda's specs...lmao :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I haven't did the full breakdown yet, but so far the SE looks like an LX with rims; That's about it so far.
Not worried about the SE, it's an LX with a few goodies from the EX trim.

Official press release: http://www.autoblog.com/2015/10/06/2016-honda-crv-special-edition-official/#slide-3651630

No mention of anything relating to vibration. I HIGHLY doubt Honda would shoot itself in the foot and acknowledge that there was a problem to be fixed for the 2016 model. Time will tell if they vibrate and if there are any new upgrades (motor mounts etc).

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I briefly looked at it but it seems all you really get getting an SE vice an LX is the rims, privacy glass, and security system. Which I think is a pretty good value over the LX and it's horrible wheels.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts