Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
How long ago did you complete this installation. Just checking to see, because everybody who's changed only the speakers says they are very disappointed, and a change in amplifier is required.

Installed Pioneer 6.5 inches 3 Way Speaker TSA1675R just installed this on front doors on 2016 crv Touring. Big difference very clear high, mid and bass no amplifier installed. Very good reviews. Used self tapping screws and wire tap. 3 screw holding the door. 2 behind a small plastic plate at door opener 1 underneath a rubber piece door well/handle photos below. On sale at visions.ca $98. Advertised as 2 way but the actual box and speaker is 3 way i did not say anything to the salesman they might change the tag price. On the driverside need to unplug a cable for power mirror so you can rotate the door panel towards the front not otherwise. Need someone to hold the door panel or just like what i did i tie a rope all around the door panel and hang it ( bring down the window before starting your work) on the top door frame dont forget to put a towel or cloth wherever u decide to hang it to avoid scratch. Now its a live concert. I have a 2 12s behind , sometimes i dont use it because its just enough but sometimes you want more hearth breaking bass right. I hope this will help you guys. If you like this post let me know
or else ita a waste of time
Hi, thanks for your inquirry I made my install same day i post this ( April 23, 2016) it is true that replacing your oem speaker would result to dissapointment that is IIF you did not choose to install the same brand /model of pioneer speaker i installed on my 2016 touring. I also tried different brand got so disappointed polks i650 .... dont remember exact model , its not compatible with oem system (cant drive it too well due to oem power output unless of course u add a more powerful amp this is a vgood speaker)i hope this helps. And dont forget to repond to this once u replaced yours and share your experience with others here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry if you answered this already but what speakers did you buy (brand)? I am a novice stereo guy and would rather not replace the head unit but the speakers in this car are just plain bad...thank you! And how much if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry, but I did not mention replacing my receiver. Yes its a big difference just replacing your oem speaker with the above mentioned pioneer 3 way speaker.

You will need self tapping screw to screw your speaker, drill and wire tap so you dont cut wire, you just tap. I hope u know how to test speaker wire polarity using a multi tester ( if the reading is negative or the needle goes to the left it means wherever your red probe is that is yout negative. If the reading is positive or the tester needle points to the right the red probe is the positive.) Just please dont short them. I am not liable on your actions do it at your own risk.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Not me. I always remove the OEM paper speakers in the front doors and tweeter sils. Just make sure the replacement speakers are high efficient since it is not a terribly big wattage OEM amp, even know they claim it is. I find that to be the biggest bang for the buck!

I don’t bother with the rear speakers ‘cause I don’t sit back there.
I plan to replace the tweeters on the sill, they're not crisp enough. The speaker doors are ok for my taste.

Curious anyone have recommendations for replacement tweeters for the sills?

Don

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Changing the speaker - effort was low, time about 1.5hrs. Worth the effort, I would say yes, clears a lot of the mud from the factory units sound. Changing the head unit moderate effort time it took about 3 hours, and worth every second and penny spent.

Just love Android auto, which the car should have had from the start.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I plan to replace the tweeters on the sill, they're not crisp enough. The speaker doors are ok for my taste.

Curious anyone have recommendations for replacement tweeters for the sills?

Don
Answered my own question, now I need to figure out which will work best with the 2016 CR-V Touring model.

http://www.carid.com/2016-honda-cr-v-tweeters/

Anyone know, based on watts, ohms, etc.?

Don

·
Registered
29 Posts
I posted this on a few posts that all spoke about steering wheel controls. Just wanted to make sure everyone got it.

Behold I give you steering wheel controls!!!
hehe
Ok so my steering wheel controls are working now on my aftermarket Pioneer AVH-4100NEX. All of the manuals state that the plug behind the AC has a line coming out of wire plug 15, but that does not exist.

So the answer is; Honda moved the Bluetooth controls wire to a 20 plug that's brought directly into the factory radio. On my 2016 CRV I had about 3 Blue, 2 pink, 2 gray and 1 Yellow. The Yellow one is it.
I peeled back the factory tape and spliced the Yellow line to my ASWC-01 Gray / Blue line and that was that.

Image of the 20 pin plug -
https://goo.gl/photos/yLyrcMWPUSt2ULVu7

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sad to say I pulled the pioneer nex out today and I really miss the sound quality

But now something with the wiring of either the steering wheel controls has caused issues with the air conditioner working,. It was 92 here today so rather than trying to find out why I just pulled the unit.

I must stress that it's not a pioneer issue, but a axxess issue. I really would NOT recommend any metra product after the issues I've had and the hours I've spent on the phone with their support team

·
Registered
17 Posts
I posted this on a few posts that all spoke about steering wheel controls. Just wanted to make sure everyone got it.

Behold I give you steering wheel controls!!!
hehe
Ok so my steering wheel controls are working now on my aftermarket Pioneer AVH-4100NEX. All of the manuals state that the plug behind the AC has a line coming out of wire plug 15, but that does not exist.

So the answer is; Honda moved the Bluetooth controls wire to a 20 plug that's brought directly into the factory radio. On my 2016 CRV I had about 3 Blue, 2 pink, 2 gray and 1 Yellow. The Yellow one is it.
I peeled back the factory tape and spliced the Yellow line to my ASWC-01 Gray / Blue line and that was that.

Image of the 20 pin plug -
https://goo.gl/photos/yLyrcMWPUSt2ULVu7
you can reupload the picture ? thx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you get this to work? I'm trying to figure it out. I'm told by Axxess that the HDCC-02 won't work for the Honda CRV 2016. I can't reset the clock, I only get the side camera to work part of the time. the rear view camera works great. Any help would be appreciated.
The HDCC-02 wasn't updated to the latest firmware, I'm wondering if that will help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you get this figured out. I'm trying to reset the clock and its not working. The side camera has an issue as well only works part of the time. I've installed it in a 2016 Honda CRV touring. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello. My question is only about aftermarket stereo heads. I'm O.K. with my 2016 CR-V (Touring) Infotainment unit except for Nav's "Find," "Search," etc., and Voice Command SNAFUs! I understand there are 2 ways to use Google Maps or Waze on a '16 CR-V: A] Own an iPhone and HDMI adaptor/cable--which I don't (meaning the iPhone; I already tried the cable with my Samsung Galaxy J700P, no joy), or B] Install a Google-compatable aftermarket stereo head. First qu: which is more cost effective? Second qu: which aftermarket heads are compatable with/retain all of the 2016 CR-V (touring)'s other features, such as HondaLink, Compass, clock, steering wheel controls, side and backup cameras? I'll keep the factory speakers.
Thank you,
Richard Boothe, the Mad Librarian

·
Super Moderator
3,110 Posts
So many of the cars features are controlled through the head unit, that I haven't even bothered to look at alternatives.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So many of the cars features are controlled through the head unit, that I haven't even bothered to look at alternatives.
Yeah, that makes sense. I'll check iPhone prices, see if I can switch (and transfer apps) from my Android phone, 'cause I gather American Honda decided for 2015-16 CR-Vs to make HondaLink fully compatible ONLY with iPhones (maybe they thought Apple would conquer the world back then)?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
14 Participants
RMattisonB
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing