Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I have just joined so 馃憢馃憤馃憢
Any how I bought a 2016 black edition 1.6 diesel.. It had 49000 miles on good around conditions. Any how 4500 later it needed a clutch as the pedal was nearly hitting the roof lining and the biting point was at the very very end of travel.
Prior to this crv I had the 2.2 dtec 160000 no need for a clutch change even though I do a lot of towing. Any how.. Wear and tear came to mind but so did 拢860.00 for a new one omg.. No way anyhow after a lot of emails and phone calls to the honda dealership we agreed I buy the clutch from cox Honda better price than the Honda dealership and all genuine parts.. And I pay 拢250 on top... Sound crap it was but it was the best deal to be had... Any how fitted to 3 hours to get there same back to Reading. Guess what I now have a really bad clutch judder, I think they left the gearbox hanging on the splines hence the judder BTW dmf was fine no wear on it... Any advice would be good.. I have surgested I will take to a Honda dealer in Reading see what they say and if as I think will happen the box needs to come out again... They can collect and return the same day like I did up at 4 to get to them for 8 see how they like it.

The. Admin. Istrator.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have.. The vehicle came with 12mths Honda care which ends in November. But now they have bodge this job they must sort it.

The. Admin. Istrator.
Escalate to Honda UK if need be.

Details here:

Personally, I would have insisted they change the DMF at the same time as the clutch, because if your DMF is fried, you'd still need a new clutch anyway.

Bizarre that the Reading dealership didnt tell you - probably saving themselves money while shifting responsibility to you.

The. Admin. Istrator.
No worries.

If you have any concerns, let us know 馃憣

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a copy of the warranty... This morning I spoke with the service manager at the Dealerships who now says it could be the dmf 馃檮funny thing is it didn't have it before and more importantly I spoke with the fitter who confirmed the dmf was OK... I have said I'll use it for 2 days and if it is no better then we move to getting sorted.. No comment was given back..

The. Admin. Istrator.
So I take it you didnt actually see the DMF?

End of the day, you have warranty - demand a new DMF and clutch.

Reactions: UK-Kev

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked at the clutch found it not to bad. Surprised to be honest.. As for the dmf no I didn't see it.. But surely a competent technician would have said if there was a issue... Or maybe not 馃any how spoken to a Honda Dealerships here in Reading who will take a look and confirm I have a clutch judder.. And then let's see what happens next.. Its never been about the money I think I was fair in buying genuine parts and paying 拢253.90 labour... Plus using a days holiday.. Overall I now feel gutted.

The. Admin. Istrator.
But surely a competent technician would have said if there was a issue
Not always.

Thats how dealerships make money - they want you to come back and have something else fixed. But not all dealers operate like that.

Whatever your dealer says, thrust upon them that you demand (not "want") both DMF/clutch are replaced.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK I rang honda customer service, because its a used Honda they have No power over honda dealers in the UK because they are all franchise.. They can only help with new cars.. How ever they gave me the details of the motor trade ombudsman... Here we go 馃檮馃檮

The. Admin. Istrator.
OK I rang honda customer service, because its a used Honda they have No power over honda dealers in the UK because they are all franchise.. They can only help with new cars.. How ever they gave me the details of the motor trade ombudsman... Here we go 馃檮馃檮
Utter BS.

Phone again and speak to someone that has a brain thats engaged. Makes no difference who the dealer is, especially if its a franchised Honda one - nor does it matter if the car is used.

You have warranty - play hardball with the dealer - thats often the language many only understand. I wouldnt yet advocate careering (with the car) through their showroom, but that is an option.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree it is BS... I'm booked in tomorrow with another honda Dealerships once I have paid and got in writing I can then move forward with process and I have a paper trail. Thanks this help really appreciate it馃憤I'll update you tomorrow.

The. Admin. Istrator.
Fingers crossed for a positive outcome buddy :)

Reactions: UK-Kev
1 - 15 of 15 Posts