Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I've been thinking about trading my 2014 Accord EX-L V6 for a 2016 CRV Touring. Previously had a 2013 Pilot. I am worried that the CRV will feel sluggish or slow compared to the V6 vehicles I have owned. I like my cars to move, when I press the gas. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi - I've been thinking about trading my 2014 Accord EX-L V6 for a 2016 CRV Touring. Previously had a 2013 Pilot. I am worried that the CRV will feel sluggish or slow compared to the V6 vehicles I have owned. I like my cars to move, when I press the gas. :)

Thanks.
Then just keep it in sport mode...........Vrooooom

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Ha! The new '15/'16 CRV will toss you into the back seat! Go drive it.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
197 Posts
The 2014 Accord EX-L V6's 0-60 time is, what, 5.5 seconds or so? For a '15 CR-V LX AWD it's apparently 8.7 seconds. So yes, you'll notice the difference, and also note that the CR-V is geared for efficiency so the 0-30 isn't so great as other 0-60 8.7 second cars' 0-30. A bit slower than the Pilot, but not by much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First, take a test drive. My 2016 CRV EX-L FWD feels pretty nimble, has some spunk, and I'm averaging 30.6 mpg. Honestly, it has surpassed my expectations.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
A test drive will be the only way to truely tell. Why are going to change cars anyway? That Accord is still pretty new.

·
Registered
633 Posts
We just completed test driving vehicles in this class....my 2 cents I bet would be different than others.....I recommend you take some time and test drive it and test drive all others in the same class.......and spend a lot of time researching the vehicles.....I love honda, but 1 big question i asked myself....is the 2015 CRV vibration fix, truly a fix or is it a band aid? The "fix" for the 2016s was done at the factory, so maybe more effective. Good luck on ur decision

·
Registered
59 Posts
No one can tell you if the CRV will accelerate quickly enough to satisfy you. My wife's car accelerates quickly enough to merge with traffic on the freeway in drive. In Sport mode it accelerates faster but is not needed in normal driving. Go to your local Honda dealer and take a test drive. Only you can decide if the CRV will make you happy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Coming from a 2010 CR-V, I test drove a 2016 and it definitely felt faster. Pulling away from a stop is faster and takes less revving (it has more low end torque).

However, compared to my turbocharged MINI Cooper it feels very slow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just test-drove the 2016 CR-V EX-L and Touring. I currently have the 2013 EX-L. Prior to that I had an Acura TL (which is V6, 3.5L). The 2013 CR-V was noticeably less aggressive (of course) but - it did the job. You certainly have to 'work harder' to get it to fly up a long hill, for example (press the gas pedal more aggressively), but - considering how much cheaper the car is, and how much better the mileage is, it was not bad. Now, the new 2016 CR-V seems to be a noticeable improvement over the 2013 CR-V in terms of acceleration. However ... you aren't going to be happy if you want the same level of effortless acceleration as you get with a V6. Try the RDX, which is V6 and then try the CR-V. The issue will be, are you willing to compromise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts