Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I just got my CRV-EX last week and I didn't think the lack of a seat mounted armrest would be a big deal... but I am finding that the console one is not going to work for my driving style. I have spent hours looking up all sorts of solutions; adding a pillow like armrest to console armrest, adding a adjustable armrest on the console armrest, to replacing the entire seat with one an older year that has the heated seat and 10 point adjustment electronics in it with an armrest. Which led me to a link of an armrest that you literally install on to the seat itself. Has anyone seen or done this to theirs? I opened up the seat today and it didnt really look like anything that would take an arm, but I am not very familiar with how seats are setup that can have arms installed.

So if you have any suggestions, ideas, or information on any of the stuff above please let me know? :)

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly, that doesnt work for me either. It's too short length and height wise for me.

Right now Im fabricating some foam armrests... maybe they will work... or at least until i find a better solution.

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeah the armrest that's in the console is just too short for me, i just wish it was a few inches higher and it'd be good.

·
Super Moderator
3,272 Posts
The console is same height as the door armrest and works well for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Honda seats. The new source for scoliosis. :eek:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would think the older seat with the armrest built in and the electronics in place would be the best option.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
This was not a problem when you test drove the vehicle before buying? What changed?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I only drove up the street and around the corner. I should have tested it longer now that i think about it. I don't use the arm rest on the door for my left arm as it's usually up on the hard part of the door panel along the window. My right arm is just hanging loose there or i'm pretending to be shifting with a bottle of water that's in the cup holder. My mother recently borrow my car to go to a wedding and she dang changed up a lot of my settings like the seat height, the angles of the mirrors and even the lumbar setting; it takes me forever to find something comfortable after she climbs in it and drives it for about 2 hours. I guess whatever i buy next is going to have memory settings for the seats like i hear the Pilots have.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I only drove up the street and around the corner. I should have tested it longer now that i think about it. I don't use the arm rest on the door for my left arm as it's usually up on the hard part of the door panel along the window. My right arm is just hanging loose there or i'm pretending to be shifting with a bottle of water that's in the cup holder. My mother recently borrow my car to go to a wedding and she dang changed up a lot of my settings like the seat height, the angles of the mirrors and even the lumbar setting; it takes me forever to find something comfortable after she climbs in it and drives it for about 2 hours. I guess whatever i buy next is going to have memory settings for the seats like i hear the Pilots have.
The Touring model has memory seats. My EX-L doesn't and I miss them as 2 of my last 3 had them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just finished installing an arm rest on my 2012 CRV. Was a pain in the butt, however its completed.
Purchased the arm rest on ebay for like 45.00, the really expensive part is the bolt kit for it. Was 75.00 at a dealership.
To install I cut away foam, installed a 2x4 wood block then aluminum plates over that. Drilled and tapped holes for the pins and the center attachment bolt.
Its ugly as all get out under the seat but it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts