Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2013 crv ex which I love..I bought my dad a used 2016 crv EX-L with 12k miles. The 2016 when parking and turning the steering wheel at slow speed you need to use some muscle to turn. Also if turning from a stopped position. When going on the highway it's easy. Any ideas? no groaning noises from any pumps. TIA..

·
Everything in Moderation
7,919 Posts
Is the 2016 an hydraulic assist, or electric?

That said, the generic things are to run proper air pressure in the front. Also, worn, old tires can make the wheel difficult to turn.

Always have the car rolling when turning the wheel (just like on a manual-steering car). That REALLY reduces the stress on the steering components.

·
Super Moderator
3,278 Posts
2016 is Electric. Pretty sure since 2012 they’ve been that way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup it's electric..Tried it today and it wasn't as tough but still a little hard to turn at slow speed..my 2013 is still hydraulic (power steering fluid)...
Also the navigation is a pain in the rump to try and set. Wish they had waze or a normal gps like garmin has.

·
Super Moderator
3,278 Posts
My 2016 is finger easy. I don’t know how it compares to earlier pre electric CRVS. The Gps on the Touring takes learning after using a Garmin units.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts