Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Newbie here.

Just got my 2016 EX-L. Love it, except...

I've paired my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.2) successfully with the HFL. The issue is when trying to make an outgoing call.
I press the call button, bypass the prompt and say something like "Call John Smith". The system recognizes my command and then tries to dial the number 0123456 or *89 etc.
My phonebook BTW has been downloaded successfully to the system.

Occasionally it gets my command correct (about 25% of the time). Other times it presents me with a list of possible people to call and occasionally the person is in that list.

I have a very neutral Midwest USA accent.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I gave up on the car’s speech recognition feature a long time ago. Since you have an iPhone, just use Siri. Are you able to activate that via voice? I connect my Nexus 6p (and previously, my Nexus 5) to the car via Bluetooth and just say “Ok Google” every time I want to use voice command. Works every time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JasonC. I'll see if the HFL will accept a Siri command. Never tried that route before.

The voice recognition in my previous car; a 2013 Ford Escape worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks JasonC. I'll see if the HFL will accept a Siri command. Never tried that route before.

The voice recognition in my previous car; a 2013 Ford Escape worked flawlessly.
Let me save you the trouble: HFL will not accept typical Siri or Google commands.

Your iPhone should allow you to activate Siri by just saying “Hey Siri”. You just need to make sure this feature is enabled in your settings. Every time you need to use voice command say “Hey Siri”. You don’t even need to press a button. (Though, if you’re listening to music, you may need to turn that down.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having problems with voice recognition on a 2018 CRV, but I am going to pressure the dealership, Honda et al. for a solution. It should work properly. Going to Google or Siri just lets the manufacturer off the hook. Someone needs to be held accountable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts