Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my white CRV for three weeks now. Yesterday I put the car in reverse and this is what I saw in the rear camera.
Look at the bottom of the screen. See that white semi-circle spanning the bottom? Has this always been there? Have I not noticed it before?
It's picking up the white from the hatchback for sure, but have I not noticed it before?

This is the standard back view. Not the wide angle. Not the directly-down.

Yesterday I had the car washed for the first time. Did the automatic car wash move the camera lens?

Does your rear camera display a semi circle in your car's color?

Thanks.

HondaBackCamera.jpg

·
Registered
182 Posts
It has always been there on my '15. That is your bumper. Keep in mind it is a wide angle lens so the aspect will be a little off. Not sure if it is not shown on the other views. I always use the wide angle view.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
99 Posts
That is normal. The same has happened to me! I've started the car and seen that white band and thought something was faulty. No worries though, the view is the same on my white 2015 CRV.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are three views supported by the camera, you can select them via the 3 blue buttons in the bottom left corner of screen. One of them is rear view without wide angle mode which should not show the bumper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It has always been there on my '15. That is your bumper. Keep in mind it is a wide angle lens so the aspect will be a little off. Not sure if it is not shown on the other views. I always use the wide angle view.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Can someone kind enough to post the backup camera image on their CRV? I got a 16 CRV EX and noticed the quality of the image to be poor. I also have a 12 Odyssey and that image is very good. Not sure if this is a defective camera.

CRV - first 2 pictures
Odyssey - picture 3

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
i dont notice that on my 2017 crv but what i have happening is my lines are way off, when i back up the camera lines say i'm over the line by 8 inches but when i open the door i'm inside the lines in the parking spot the camera in mine is way off, dealer says its normal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts