Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2016 exl awd, which I have always taken to the dealer for service. I thought I would pull the wheels and have a look at the work done on the last brake job. As you all probably know the caliper pins are not the same. One is metal and the other is metal with a rubber tip. My problem is that I noticed that on one side of the crv the rubber tipped pin is located on the top of the caliper bracket and on the other side of the car it is on the bottom. I am betting when it was put back togather during a b service that pins were put back incorrectly. Does anyone know the proper place for the two different types of pins??? Should the caliper pin with the rubber tip be in the top or in the bottom???
I hope someone knows…. Not sure I want to go back to the dealer if they can’t get things like this right.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,493 Posts
On the 5th gens the bottom pins have the rubber on the tip for rear, top pin on the front. It's not a serious error, the rubber is there to reduce vibration noise. But it does indicate the lack of training or attention to detail in the mechanic who did the service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Traylaw, thanks for the reply. Just wondering if the gen 4 would be the same? I do agree the attention to detail was definitely lacking.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,493 Posts
Sorry I meant to say 4th gen. Here are the diagrams for the front and rear brakes for the 4th gens. Pin "A" has three grooves (I call them flats) machined into the length length of the pin. Pin "B" will be plain, no grooves, and may or may not have a rubber grommet on the tip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,170 Posts
to show what you're referring to

·
Registered
2012 CRV EXL AWD
21 Posts
It's not a serious error, the rubber is there to reduce vibration noise. But it does indicate the lack of training or attention to detail in the mechanic who did the service.
If the pins are reversed it can cause uneven and accelerated pad wear according to the Honda service guide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts