Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on this forum several complaints similar to my current problem. Several months ago I got in my vehicle and tried to start it, all I got was a slow crank of the engine. Kind of like when the battery is strong enough to turn the engine over. After several failed attempts I called AAA and they came out and jumped it. The tech also did a battery check and reported it was fine. The following day I had another experience similar so took it to the local Advanced Auto and had them do a battery check. Again no reported issues. I made an appointment with my local Honda dealer and had them check it out. They couldn't find a problem so changed the battery and no problems for a month. This weekend I got in the vehicle to return home after a short visit and couldn't start vehicle. This time it would only come up as auxiliary power. The indicator on the center information panel keep showing that it recognized the push button but not that I was depressing the brake. After multiple failed attempts I decided to leave the car and get a ride home. As I open the door to exit the car began beeping at me as if I had left the car or lights on. As I closed the car and attempted to lock it, it refused to lock as if I left the key fob in the car. I got back in and played with turning it off and on till the door stopped beeping when I exited. I was successful locking it with the fob but as I walked past the rear of the car I noticed the brake lights where on. I tried several more attempts to enter, exit, on, off but was never able to make the lights turn off.
I have to add after noticing the brake lights on I remembered that depressing the brake pedal to start the car was difficult. It felt like I couldn't depress the pedal much. I also changed the battery in the fob and attempted to hold it next to the ignition switch all futile attempts to get the car to start. Of note, the dashboard lights never illuminated during any of these attempts.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,742 Posts
Is it possible that your drivers' door closed switch is damaged? (Seat belt inadvertently caught in the doorjamb)

Does your interior light work (and shut off when all of the doors including the rear tailgate) are closed? (You might have a 'perfect storm' of a burned out bulb and a bad switch.)

these conditions could prevent the V from going 'asleep' and would create a battery drain.

Another possibility is a loose terminal on the new battery. Can you twist them without loosening?

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
448 Posts
yes sounds like a parasitic draw,which could be intermittent like ac clutch relay sticking or like carbuff said

1 - 3 of 3 Posts