Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I recently purchased a 2016 crv after our much loved 2015 was totaled in an accident. We have noticed that the quality of the picture from the lane watch camera is significantly worse on the 2016 than the 2015. Is this a known issue with the 2016s or should we speak to our dealer about having the camera replaced?

Thanks!

I have attached an image of our new ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your responses. I just checked the camera and there isn't any film and the lenses appears to be clean. I'll post a picture tomorrow. On our 2015 if there was a car next to me I could clearly read the license plate with the 2016 I can barely make the digits out.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,065 Posts
Picture taken while parked in heavy rain. Mode of transport Transport Technology Lane Display device

Looking forward to your image. I think image is fine

·
Registered
385 Posts
The 15 and 16 are the same car, so it's probably a dirty lense or a bad camera.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We took the car back to the dealership and they agreed that the camera was blurry. They ordered a new camera and installed it today and it is still just as blurry. The dealership tried to tell us that it was just the quality of the cameras honda is using. The funny thing is, the camera on the loaner crv that they gave us is crystal clear. So we told them we weren't going to except the crv back with a blurry camera. They are currently "seeing what they can do".

·
Registered
14 Posts
We took the car back to the dealership and they agreed that the camera was blurry. They ordered a new camera and installed it today and it is still just as blurry. The dealership tried to tell us that it was just the quality of the cameras honda is using. The funny thing is, the camera on the loaner crv that they gave us is crystal clear. So we told them we weren't going to except the crv back with a blurry camera. They are currently "seeing what they can do".
Did they compare the camera quality of your crv to the loaner you had? It'd be hard to make that argument if the loaner is noticeably clearer.

·
Registered
385 Posts
perhaps the wiring harness is the issue, if it is an analog camera?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The dealer has the car right now. They are going to swap out the camera on the demo car that looks clear with our car and see if that makes a difference. The dealer called Honda engineering and they seem to think it might be a problem with the software. I should have an update on friday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting...mine looks just like yours. I just assumed the used a crappy camera.

Add that to the list of things to have looked at. Currently:

Lane Camera, Serious Mode 1 Vibration, Almost stalls while backing out of my garage (about 1 out of every 10 times.)

Would love to see a pic from someone with a clear camera.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The dealership swapped the camera with the demo car and its crystal clear. I'm a happy camper now. I guess some of the cameras Honda puts on the crvs are better quality then others.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.