Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased 2016 crv cpo with 30,000. Today with 31, 234. I noticed while cruising 73mph a hard shift. As I continued to drive something smells like is burning. When I reached my destination it was leaking all of its transmission fluid out.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,166 Posts
I'm going way out on a limb here, but I don't think you should be seeing transmission fluid leaking all over the place. Haul it to the dealer. It should still be under the power train warranty

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
360 Posts
If its a Honda CPO purchase then it's Honda's problem.
Don't risk further damage by driving it - call and have them tow it in. If you're lucky they'll provide a loaner.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,915 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder if they left the level check bolt out? Either way have it towed to the dealership and let them deal with it since it’s covered anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: agentl074

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased 2016 crv cpo with 30,000. Today with 31, 234. I noticed while cruising 73mph a hard shift. As I continued to drive something smells like is burning. When I reached my destination it was leaking all of its transmission fluid out.
Can I ask what you discovered? I just experienced the same thing while cruising at 80. I felt a “shift”, started to smell what I thought was burning rubber, and noticed a slight,random, vibration from the car. I had an emergency tow to the dealer, but curious to what it is. It looks just like brake or steering fluid but never noticed a difference in braking or steering, now I didn’t drive much further. Dealer is closed until Monday so the curiosity will eat me away for the next few days. Hoping you might have insight.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,669 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Calmenuff!

Sorry that your first visit here had to be because of a bad experience, but the folks here are amazingly knowledgeable, and hopefully you will stick around! What year is your CR-V?

Hope your V gets repaired quickly and easily!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Calmenuff!

Sorry that your first visit here had to be because of a bad experience, but the folks here are amazingly knowledgeable, and hopefully you will stick around! What year is your CR-V?

Hope your V gets repaired quickly and easily!
It’s a 2016 CR-V, it has around 50,000 miles on it, I stopped at the dealer today to mess with it(since they are closed till tomorrow), the brakes still seemed fully operating and steering the wheel didn’t give us any results but noticed that there is a slight grind when idling and when I push the accelerator it gets louder. It sounds like it’s from the engine block or below it but it’s not a consistent grinding/vibrating noise

1 - 7 of 7 Posts