Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you lower or raise the left and right rear headrests? I see that there is a little button to push in but that only seem to allow adjustment of the right side (when facing to the rear of the vehicle) of the headrest but there is no button on the other side. The left side won't budge as if it's locked. There is a little piece of plastic on that side which looks like you might be able to pry it off.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2016 is a little different from the 2011. The slide release is on the bottom of the headrest, as opposed to being on the seat. This slide release does seem to release only that side, but the other side is still locked. In the manual it only specifically indicates how to adjust the front and rear middle headrests. It does not show how to adjust the rear outside ones, besides how to push them forward so that the seats can be lowered.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Begining in 2010...

The 2016 is a little different from the 2011. The slide release is on the bottom of the headrest, as opposed to being on the seat. This slide release does seem to release only that side, but the other side is still locked. In the manual it only specifically indicates how to adjust the front and rear middle headrests. It does not show how to adjust the rear outside ones, besides how to push them forward so that the seats can be lowered.
The '07 through '09 rear head rests can be raised/lowered/removed. Beginning in 2010 the outer rear headrests cannot be raised/lowered or removed without great difficulty. They only pivot forward to allow the seats to fold.

From the 2015 Owners Manual:

2015HeadRestraints.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I pulled my rear head restraints up one click and now they are "stuck". I cannot raise or lower them by pushing the release button. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a 2015 Touring.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Not sure if 2010 are the same, but...

I pulled my rear head restraints up one click and now they are "stuck". I cannot raise or lower them by pushing the release button. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a 2015 Touring.
From page 20-166 of the 2007-10 Service Manual - 2010 Rear Headrest Removal procedure. They are NOT adjustable.

2010RearHeadRestraintsRemoval.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts