Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy 2016 CRV Snow tires, couple quick questions:

I want to buy a set of rims separate for winter. Can I use smaller 16" steels that the LX uses or do I need to get 17" wheels?
If I do get new rims, is there anything special with TPMS or whatnot? Do I have to have sensors installed and synced every time I do a swap?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
You don't have to worry about the TPMS because they no longer use sensors. You simply reset the TMPS when you change tires by pushing a button.

On the cars I have had with different size tires for different series, the aspect ration of the tires are different so the circumference is about the same and it doesn't make a difference. Check the circumference of the tires you plan on putting on to see if it matters. According to http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html there is a 2.4% difference between the recommended tires between the 16s and 17s (the 16s turn 724 RPM per mile and the 17s turn 707)

·
Everything in Moderation
8,069 Posts
The brakes need to clear the rims. Look for different part numbers for CALIPERS and support hardware, not pads...

You can also call the folks at Tire Rack. They can tell you if their steelies fit OK. (We bought a TR package for our daughter's Fit Sport and used the smaller Base Model size rims. Came with cheapo wheel covers too! Plastic is un-affected by road salt you know.)

But I daresay you would be OK.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking to buy 2016 CRV Snow tires, couple quick questions:

I want to buy a set of rims separate for winter. Can I use smaller 16" steels that the LX uses or do I need to get 17" wheels?
If I do get new rims, is there anything special with TPMS or whatnot? Do I have to have sensors installed and synced every time I do a swap?
We bought Michelin X Ice 11 and love them with Steel Rims factory size. Saves aluminum rims from corroding

1 - 5 of 5 Posts