Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently leased a new 2016 CRV EXL AWD. I'm loving it so far. However, I noticed, compared to my 2015 Odyssey, I need to use more energy to turn the steering wheel. Is this normal?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yep. Manufacturers call this "sporty". The days of being able to spin a steering wheel with one pinky are all but gone. They try to make everything firm from steering to suspension these days. Not everyone wants a "European" ride and "race car" steering - some of us like a car that is easy and relaxed to drive and not quite as engaging - maybe not as easy as a 1986 Lincoln Town Car, but a happy medium would be nice. :)

Having said that, the steering does feel a tad heavier on my new 2016 Touring than it did on a new 2015 EX-L I was previously driving.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yep. Manufacturers call this "sporty". The days of being able to spin a steering wheel with one pinky are all but gone. They try to make everything firm from steering to suspension these days. Not everyone wants a "European" ride and "race car" steering - some of us like a car that is easy and relaxed to drive and not quite as engaging - maybe not as easy as a 1986 Lincoln Town Car, but a happy medium would be nice. :)

Having said that, the steering does feel a tad heavier on my new 2016 Touring than it did on a new 2015 EX-L I was previously driving.
They are competing against the Zoom Zoom Zoom of Mazda.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts