Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 CRV Touring with about 2600 miles on it. There is a distinct vibration/rattling nose coming from the driver's footwell, I think near the parking brake. I have felt around and tapped different surfaces in the general area and can't seem to replicate the noise. The noise is most noticeable on specific road surfaces and over more bumpy roads. Speed doesn't seem to change the noise very much. It sounds like plastic on metal to me and could be easily cured with some felt tape, but I just can't pinpoint the source. Anyone else experience this in their current gen CRV and if yes, where did you track the noise down to?

It isn't the worst thing most of the time and will likely have the dealer trace it down during my first oil change. Just one of those if I can get to it easily, I'd rather just knock it out.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a few more points for clarification. This vibration/rattle noise does not occur when the vehicle is stopped, only when the vehicle is in motion at speed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I can't say exactly where your rattle is coming from, but I will caution that rattles in cars can be extremely deceiving as the noise bounces around. I will swear I hear a rattle coming from the far right side, but it will be my cell phone in the drink holder next to me, etc.

Sent from my note 4 using Tapatalk.

·
Super Moderator
3,272 Posts
I had a rattle that I thought was coming from passenger side. Ultimately I figured out the sun glasses were rattling in its holder. Making sure it was secure solved this irritating intermittent problem.

There is a resonance or body boom at 1200-1400 rpm light throttle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point. That may help explain why I can't seem to locate the source of the noise, I am not looking in the right spot. I need to do a good interior cleaning this weekend, I will pull out all the mats, check under the seats and panels all over the vehicle for a noise source. It could just be something loose somewhere. Well under warranty here and I can usually get the noise to occur with little effort it shouldn't be one of those "technician can't replicate problem" situations.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to update everyone. It took a couple of trips but the noise was tracked down and appears to be eliminated. Turns out the noise was coming from the parking brake assembly, which I accidently figured out by putting my foot against while on a particularly bumpy road. There was a loose clip and something else that needed to be tightened down. My noise from the driver's footwell is gone and I am a happy camper.

Historically I have driven manual transmission vehicles so I always use the parking brake, even though people think I am weird for doing so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts