Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Road trip past Thursday ...last hour of travel experienced 7.7 l per 100 km fuel consumption...Converted would be 37 mpg imperial. I’m pleased

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
323 Posts
That is SIGNIFICANTLY better than average. According to fuelly.com:
Based on data from 418 vehicles, 30,837 fuel-ups and 8,762,955 miles of driving, the 2016 Honda CR-V gets a combined Avg MPG of 26.72 with a 0.05 MPG margin of error.

Last year I had a 16 CRV SE - I beat that average by about 2.25 - 2.50 mpg (better - but no where near your numbers).

·
Registered
50 Posts
our 2016 touring bought new and currently has 41000 miles and if driving 60mph with no head wind would probably do that but driving the speed limit ie 75-80mph more like 27mpg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
our 2016 touring bought new and currently has 41000 miles and if driving 60mph with no head wind would probably do that but driving the speed limit ie 75-80mph more like 27mpg.
Thankyou.....just for clarification....I’m referring to Imperial data.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thankyou.....just for clarification....I’m referring to Imperial data.
it is easy to convert. 37mpg imperial is like 31mpg us. I would have no problem getting 37mpg imperial as long as I kept the speeds under 115 km/hr or so. If I were driving 100 km/hr I would be 43-44mpg imperial.

·
Registered
65 Posts
According to some post on the internet "the SUV's sweet spot speed. Driving the CR-V on highways at the speed of approximately 100 kph (62 mph) will yield the fuel economy of 13.6 km/l (32 mpg)".

Some of the things you can do to improve MPGs is:
1) follow a big truck to cut down on wind resistance
2) do not carry any extra weight in the vehicle
3) keep tires properly inflated
4) maintain a constant speed

Airshow2, it would be interesting to know what speeds you traveled at? Did you follow big trucks? Was there much weight in the vehicle? What pressure do you keep in the tires? Did you use cruise control?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts