Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, so I have 2x 30gb USB sticks, each inserted in their respective USB port on my 2016 CRV, filled with my music collection.

The head unit menu is AWFUL. It shows everything! Every folder is open/Uncollapsed.. And because of this the list is so LONG, scrolling is so hard. "You can't see the forest through the trees".

I wish the UI would allow folders to be collapsed. It would be perfect if every folder was collapsed by default, and only one folder could be open at a time. So that then I would just see the top level folders only, which I have on my USB stick: "rock", "metal", "electronic", etc.

Instead, the way it is now, my "metal" music is VERY hard to find, half way down 100's of entries... scrolling is so tedious. And multi nested folders are even more confusing! I am drowning in data and Honda doenst seem to manage it well AT ALL.

Please add an option to the Audio USB file browser, to collapse all folders by default, to only allow one folder open at a time. This would make the experience much better!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I know it would be a pain in the rear, but I had a similar issue in my old nissan. I found to simplify matters I just changed to 6-8G usbs instead of 2 30's
Each one had a different genre on it so depending on my mood it only took a second to make the change and navigating folders was a lot less irritating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts