Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone test driven the 2016 model to see of the vibration issue is fixed? :confused:

Thank you much in advance for the info.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey guys, Frank here from Honda of Freehold. There was no announced change, and the 16's are on the ground. But while test driving them, I did notice the idle is a little bit higher, and haven't had the issue. If they did fix it, no news about it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Frank,

Thank you so much for your feedback.
It's great to have insight from dealer's perspective.

Would you by any chance have info on "what's changing" with 2016 compare to 2015? Thanks again in advance.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey guys, Frank here from Honda of Freehold. There was no announced change, and the 16's are on the ground. But while test driving them, I did notice the idle is a little bit higher, and haven't had the issue. If they did fix it, no news about it.
So who do you believe? Frank, a salesman at a Honda dealership, or the latest Honda video? Clearly stated that the latest modifications addressing the vibration issue are applied to 2016's.

Unfortunately even a test drive is not the final word. Vibration often did not start till many miles later.

·
Registered
633 Posts
1 persons in the "main vibration forum" stated they test drove and it had the vibration issue.....they were told that Honda would not apply the fix until the vehicle was sold...which makes no sense at all

·
Registered
9 Posts
We test drove a 2015 and a 2016, and in the '16 (which we bought) it was much less noticeable. Could be a case-by case situation but...
The dealership which we bought from said they can offer the fix for 2015's, but you have to sign a waiver that you acknowledge the "potential drop in gas mileage" from 33 to 31mpg or so.
The 2016's that our dealership had on the lot "had the fix implemented," and their sticker tags reflected the slightly lower mpg.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Follow-up: Just checked with my wife, she's the primary driver. She's put ~250 miles on so far, all in the city on her short trips to work, several stop lights, stop & go, etc.
When asked "have you noticed the vibration issue with the new one?" - not really at all
When asked "you did notice it in the 2015 we drove, though?" - OH yeah! Definitely.
Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dullers, would you mind sharing which Honda dealership was willing to offer the fix on the 2015 model (with waiver of mileage reduction)? I would deeply appreciate it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2016 CR-V LX FWD today and it drives great. No vibrations at all....runs very smooth. I put 60 miles on it and I'm very happy with it. I've been very apprehensive and waited for the 2016's to arrive. It was manufactured in Canada if that means anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dullers, would you mind sharing which Honda dealership was willing to offer the fix on the 2015 model (with waiver of mileage reduction)? I would deeply appreciate it!
Absolutely. Automaster of Shelburne, VT. Natalie was who I worked with, you could probably ask for her :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2016 Honda CRV Touring last night, putting my full time search for the best crossover under 32,000 to an end, finally, and this was it. I narrowed the search to the 2016 Toyota Rav4 XLE, AWD with convenience Pkg (all the Toyota safety features) vs the Rav4 limited vs CRV Touring, AWD. I studied everything, for WEEKS, regarding safety features and ratings, reviews, technical features and had them all priced out with two different insurance agencies. Took them for test drives multiple times. The RAV4 XLE and CRV priced the same for insurance for the year and the limited was $100.00 more per year. I decided on going with the extra features the CRV Touring offered over the Rav4 XLE. I eliminated the Rav4 Limited simply because I couldn't get it for $32,000 or under. Had they both been under $32,00, I may have gone with the limited. But the extra savings in insurance plus fuel economy savings and less expensive purchase price, led me to buy the CRV. I specifically looked for the vibration issues and they weren't there. So I purchased it last night. Both Toyota and Honda are great. You can't go wrong with either one. My 2006 Toyota Sienna AWD Limited minivan has 240,000,00 miles and is still in great shape! I Seriously never needed anything other than tires and maintenance and I live on gravel, which beats cars up! This Honda is for our daughter. I'm still driving my van. I think the Honda CRV looks like a long lived winner, as well. We will see. By the way, I called Honda before I bought the CRV and told them I didn't feel the vibration issues mentioned in so many reviews for 2015 and asked if they fixed the issue for 2016. They said they did not and that certain VIN numbers could possibly have a recall and to have the dealership run the VIN number (I didn't because I felt no vibration)and that test driving was the best way to decide if you notice a vibration. So, I don't know if some people are just more sensitive or if some cars just have more vibration for whatever reason. I tried to find fault, but it was a non issue. I hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
453 Posts
By the way, I called Honda before I bought the CRV and told them I didn't feel the vibration issues mentioned in so many reviews for 2015 and asked if they fixed the issue for 2016. They said they did not and that certain VIN numbers could possibly have a recall and to have the dealership run the VIN number (I didn't because I felt no vibration)and that test driving was the best way to decide if you notice a vibration. So, I don't know if some people are just more sensitive or if some cars just have more vibration for whatever reason. I tried to find fault, but it was a non issue. I hope this helps someone.
Honda is contradicting itself -they indicate on this video that the issues have been fixed on the 2016 CRV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFdbSG-jS5k

BTW - the dealership can not determine if your CRV is experiencing vibrations by running the VIN. At least not with the 2015 models. And yes, the vibration is real. Not just for overly sensitive people.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the 2016 Touring CRV in early December. When I test drove a CRV, I didn't feel any vibration. However, it's clearly there. I noticed it the next day after I got the car. It happens only when the car is stopped and is in gear (like stopping on a red light). It also doesn't happen all the time. Oddly enough, it never happens when the engine is cold, but only once it's warm. I took the car to the dealer a couple of weeks after I bought it, but they said it was normal.

It clearly is not normal. I've driven quite a few cars in my lifetime, and I can definitely say it's not normal. I'm not sure what my options currently are, if any.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I bought the 2016 Touring CRV in early December. When I test drove a CRV, I didn't feel any vibration. However, it's clearly there. I noticed it the next day after I got the car. It happens only when the car is stopped and is in gear (like stopping on a red light). It also doesn't happen all the time. Oddly enough, it never happens when the engine is cold, but only once it's warm. I took the car to the dealer a couple of weeks after I bought it, but they said it was normal.

It clearly is not normal. I've driven quite a few cars in my lifetime, and I can definitely say it's not normal. I'm not sure what my options currently are, if any.
Try driving with air conditioning/heater turned off and no fan going. When you have more items working, the RPMs is higher and at least with the 2015, it was less noticeable. On the 2015, this was considered Mode 1.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had 2015 touring canadian crv upgraded to 2016 touring canadian crv last december no vibration, better audio, better led. (Replaced my nokian winter tire with Studded winterforce ....what a big difference in stopping and going on ice and snow ....expensive is not always better.)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I had 2015 touring canadian crv upgraded to 2016 touring canadian crv last december no vibration, better audio, better led. (Replaced my nokian winter tire with Studded winterforce ....what a big difference in stopping and going on ice and snow ....expensive is not always better.)
Like the spoiler and window/rain guards (not sure the name)!

Glad you are happy with the 2016! Did you do ok with the trade-in?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts