Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to adjust the windshield washer nozzles on my 2016 CRV. The driver's side nozzle stream hits just above the wiper blade. The passenger side left stream hits above the wiper blade but the right stream hits towards the top of the windshield.
I've searched how the nozzles should be adjusted but cannot find anything. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
This is my first post on this forum and I look forward to being a part of this community!

·
Super Moderator
3,274 Posts
I’ve not done it yet on my 16-but need to.
Method I’ve used on other cars is to push a pin into the metal spray and adjust until you are happy with the spray. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done the pin method many times on all my other vehicles but can that be done on a 2016 CRV???
According to my Honda dealer...
No, the nozzles are not adjustable.
That makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Not having an official way to adjust the aim of the jets is not the same as you being able to adjust then using a pin or needle.

JM2C

·
Registered
17 Posts
2019 CR-V: My left front washer spray is way too low. The rear washer spray is angled wrong. Took it to the dealer today and he says that there is no adjustment. So I say "just live with it"? Eell, I have to live with it, NO ADJUSTMENT. Dealer checked another identical CR-V and the spray was where it needed to be. Sorry, that's the way it is. (Until I buy something different, I only have 2500 miles on this car and am ready to trade because a multitude of things that can't be changed). Sorry for the rant. M

·
Registered
17 Posts
2019 CR-V: My left front washer spray is way too low. The rear washer spray is angled wrong. Took it to the dealer today and he says that there is no adjustment. So I say "just live with it"? Eell, I have to live with it, NO ADJUSTMENT. Dealer checked another identical CR-V and the spray was where it needed to be. Sorry, that's the way it is. (Until I buy something different, I only have 2500 miles on this car and am ready to trade because a multitude of things that can't be changed). Sorry for the rant. M
Well, got a little ticked about the lack of interest on the part of my Honda dealer in Erie, PA, basically blew me off. Finally grabbed a few tools myself and went out to the garage, looked things over carefully and started twisting things. Darned if those nozzles aren't adjustable! The rear windhield washer isn't perfect, but at least the spray isn't missing the wiper blade or glass in the wipe area. A screwdriver took care of the rear nozzle and long nose pliers took care of the front nozzle. I guess I'll be doing all of my own maintenance and just use the dealer for warranty stuff. Cheers!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Back again. My 2019 may not be same as 2016. but, ..., found that if I pry the nozzle assy up from the windshield side, I can slip a very thin piece of plastic under the assy and cause the spray to be up in the middle of the windshield. Mabe if it was too high there may be dirt under teh spray nozzle assy, dunno. Hope this helps. Stay warm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts