Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a 2016 to upgrade from our 2013, have been experiencing issues on our ride. First the the much harder to steer, cant steer and turn the wheels with only using one hand. I test drove another touring model of the CRV yesterday, it was much easier to steer, and throttle and motor response was awesome unlike our unit which is sluggish. Does this happen from time to time that there will be a flaw in between units? and what would be the possible problem with our V?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Maybe they forgot to hook up the power steering unit. I believe it is electric assist now days.
Is your Eco button pushed in?
I'm not even sure if a 2016 has an Eco button or not.
Yes, assembly lines do have problems at times, but quality control is supposed to catch these types of things.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Have you taken it to your dealer for service? These things have warranties. You have done a comparison. Let them drive it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe they forgot to hook up the power steering unit. I believe it is electric assist now days.
Is your Eco button pushed in?
I'm not even sure if a 2016 has an Eco button or not.
Yes, assembly lines do have problems at times, but quality control is supposed to catch these types of things.
2016 has econ button too. and its pushed in. so as our 2013, its was always on but not hard to steer, its the opposite. too light steering.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you taken it to your dealer for service? These things have warranties. You have done a comparison. Let them drive it.
We will definitely do that this weekend, but i have some fears that they will just say nothing is wrong with the V. especially the sluggish response of the engine. hope they fix it. my 2013 was better if they cant fix this.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We purchased my wife's 2015 in July and the steering is excellent and the car accelerates fine even in the Econ Mode. I also have a 2013 Accord Coupe which has the same drive train and I suspect the same power steering unit. There is no appreciable difference in the way the two cars steer and the engines accelerate. The CRV is not as aerodynamic as the Accord Coupe which doesn't seem to make any difference except for slightly lower gas milage in the CRV. Take your car to the dealer and ask them to let a technician drive the car with you so that you can help him understand your issues.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We purchased my wife's 2015 in July and the steering is excellent and the car accelerates fine even in the Econ Mode. I also have a 2013 Accord Coupe which has the same drive train and I suspect the same power steering unit. There is no appreciable difference in the way the two cars steer and the engines accelerate. The CRV is not as aerodynamic as the Accord Coupe which doesn't seem to make any difference except for slightly lower gas milage in the CRV. Take your car to the dealer and ask them to let a technician drive the car with you so that you can help him understand your issues.
We will be scheduling it this week for service. we noticed that we only can mange 7km/liter! thats 3-4 km less than the advertised mileage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 2016 lx used to have good steering, now all of a sudden it's super loose, the display knob also is not working so I wonder if something is going on. My vehicle has become sluggish and the gas milage is below 20 mpg city.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Currently have a 2015 Honda CRV Touring AWD with just over 12k miles and it is pulling to the left while accelerating, the steering is loose and does not maintain center without tons of corrections and you have to give more input to one side vs another. At times right hand turns feel like manual steering. All started happening after 11.5k. I have driven multiple 2014 and 2015 CRVs... FWD ones have tracked straight but I have found another 2015 Touring AWD that also pulled left under acceleration with only 20 miles. I am currently in arbitration for this and the vibration problem as it has had numerous "fixes" and a district manager that acknowledged the problem but in the end they told me the now Honda mantra for all problems "its a characteristic of the vehicle". Alignments, tire pressue check, tire changes, brakes, suspension, code, sensor checks, etc, etc. It seems like it might be an issue with the Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS), VSA and the AWD cars. I would document every visit because you may go down the same road I did. I filed a complaint on http://www.nhtsa.gov/ because things can get really dicey at times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts