Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem petty...I love my 2016 CRV but these are the worst cup holders I have ever owned.

I can't believe every one is just living with it? Am I missing a liner or something?

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,786 Posts
They definitely are big slurpee sized. Uncharacteristic lack of attention to detail.
I have some left over neoprene and self adhesive 3m rubber from another project that I really must pull out and trim to fit, starting with the removable divider.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sure I'll find a solution. At first was thinking maybe it's just the US market version. We have a 2003 CRV, 2011 Civic. Friends with a 2009, 2017 all seem to have a decent cup holder.

I bought mine used and thought maybe it's just missing a sleeve?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking online for maybe a non USA version of the console and saw the Euro CRV gets a parking brake handle!
Same crappy cup holder though

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 7.42.24 AM.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the square piece velcro strips (2 x 2 ) and added the soft side to the inside of the cup holders. You can barely see them, which is great, and you wont hear and bottles knocking each side.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought the square piece velcro strips (2 x 2 ) and added the soft side to the inside of the cup holders. You can barely see them, which is great, and you wont hear and bottles knocking each side.
That is a good idea. I might have to be on the lookout for for some of those. Bottles rattle like crazy.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Cr-V EX
36 Posts
I hear you! I LOVED my 2008 CRV cupholders! They had those little spring loaded tab things to keep the bottle upright and quiet.
Now, I think I am going to buy the 2008 assembly online and modify my existing 2015 console. It will set my back $40-60, and a few hours with a dremel tool, but as a daily coffee drinker, and I will be driving the car 8-10 more years and 250,000 more kms..... it will be worth it!

Attachments

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,791 Posts
Another one where the OP has vanished. Locked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.