Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my 2016 CR-V engine air filter with an OEM part that I found on Amazon. I searched the Internet for any guidance, and I found videos on the 2012-2015 air filter replacements, so I figured I'd try it. The assembly looks different on the 2016 CR-V, but I found three metal clips closing the compartment for the engine air filter. I was able to replace the air filter by releasing the three metal clips and putting them back, but I can't see the bottom of the air filter compartment to find out if there is a fourth clip at the bottom that I might need to put back on. Has anyone replaced their 2016 CR-V engine air filter that would know if the three clips are all I need to worry about?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many did you disconnect to open the housing?
Three, but I think the 2012-2015 models had four, so I was imagining a possibility that I could have dislodged a fourth that I couldn't see when I opened the housing, and maybe I need to clip it back on. I'm probably just being paranoid, but I was surprised to only see three clips on one side of the housing. The bottom portion of the housing that I can't see appeared to be forced back into place when I re-clipped the three clips.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
The '15 and '16 engine air filters are a changed design from previous years. My '15 is easy to change but I'll have to go look to see how many clips it has. Months ago I bought a new filter from a parts supplier; he sold me a '14 and said it was the same. It wasn't, returned that one and found a different seller!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably the same as yours.
Buffalo4
I watched the YouTube video, and it does look the same as my '16 CR-V. The video only shows 3 clips, so assuming the '15 and '16 designs are the same in this respect, I think I did it correctly. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts