Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently noticed on my 2016 CR-V EX-L AWD (10/2015 build date) has some noticeable vibration at idle. The vibration is definitely felt and is present when the vehicle is in the parked position or just idling especially when waiting at a traffic light that on my 2016 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD. Based on my observations and experiences with my 2016 CR-V the vibration idle seems to be noticeable regardless even if the air conditioning is on or off it doesn't seem to make a difference and I have also brought this concern about the vibration at idle to my local Honda Service Advisor and also had a technician observe the situation both of them describe the vibration idle in the front seats like the feeling of being in a massage chair. Another example of the vibration is that you can also see that the red seat belt latch is shaking too :( On the comparison side we also own a 2011 CR-Z (ZF1) and 2010 Fit (GE8) and have never felt, experienced, and seen this kind of vibration at idle especially when seated in the other 4 cylinder engine Honda vehicles that I own at all. So does anyone have any thoughts on where this vibration could possibly be coming from or any other advice on how to identify the source for vibration? My car has all of the latest updates including the recent cut transmission update too. On the positive note the car also drives smoothly and strongly without vibration while driving however again it's only while parked or idling at a stop light waiting.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CORRECTION:

My CR-V already has all of the latest and current updates per my service advisor/technician which also includes the recent CVT transmission update (TSB 16-053) too.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
When did you start noticing the vibration? I also have a October 15 built EX-L. Mine will turn 15,000 miles today and I have never had an issue with vibration.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2016 CR-V (10/2015 build date) has low mileage with only approximately 2,400 miles. I need to bring it back soon when I have time next week to have it thoroughly examined to see and find out what's causing the vibration while parked or idling? I just can't image how a newer series of engines that makes less friction and is more efficacy generates makes more vibration than the previous K-Series engine family unless it's the direct injection or cvt transmission that could be causing more vibration at idle? Any other clues?

·
Super Moderator
3,191 Posts
If you shift to N then the vibe or not the smoothest honda idle disappears. To me it seems to be a function of the Torque Converter. Another brand of car I have resolved that issue by automatically shifting into N at stop lights after a few seconds. Hated that as it took an age for the car to move once you put the pedal to the metal. This may sound crazy, but driving cars with stop start is preferable.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The 2.4 liter engine is a big 4 cylinder engine and will never be as smooth as a V-6.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's even more strange when you first turn on the engine and let it warm up to artleast to the middle temp it doesn't vibrate as much but then after it does reach optimal engine temperature the vibration at park/ideal begins. So everyone I'm really curious if Honda has made changed some big improvements/changes or they will just carry over the vibration and let It continue to vibrate into the all new 2017+ CR-V (5th Generation) models or have changed the design/parts to really address this vibration at idle issue because the 2017 5th generation CR-V LX/Base model that is going to have carryover of this engine and cut transmission combo/setup or will Honda simply just carryover the vibration along too?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot to ask does the Accord 4 cylinder with CVT also have this same vibration at idle and park issue? Or is it just strangely the 2015-2016 CR-V only? Because its essentially the same engine (K24W1)and transmission combo/setup?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's interesting so what would be causing to torque converter to create such a noticeable vibration to be felt while sitting inside the vehicle when parked or idle? I'm surprised that Honda hasn't made some more improvements or modifications to the engines/transmission mounts or figures out a way to program the ecu to dis engage or idle the torque converter especially while parked or at idle so the vibration can't be really felt? That's my best guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 Honda CRV vibrating so badly that after driving only after 4200 K I feel tremors in my hand for a while! Baby car everything rattling! Sickening! Called Honda on 3 occasions CSR claim there is no known issue or vibration liars.. Took it in first shop foreman claims it is rattling but not as bad as the 2015 (like that should make me feel better) They said I should drive it for a few more months and maybe by then they will have a fix. Rattling continued I took it to the shop at the dealer I bought it from he claimed it was normal for that vehicle! I am just truly annoyed. I bought the vehicle in May 2016 and never expected to have this issue. I hope Honda reads this because obviously they did not fix the issue that they knew existed and probably rolling out the 2017 with the same problem! I am going all the way with this until someone fixes it !

·
Registered
105 Posts
2016 Honda CRV vibrating so badly that after driving only after 4200 K I feel tremors in my hand for a while! Baby car everything rattling! Sickening! Called Honda on 3 occasions CSR claim there is no known issue or vibration liars.. Took it in first shop foreman claims it is rattling but not as bad as the 2015 (like that should make me feel better) They said I should drive it for a few more months and maybe by then they will have a fix. Rattling continued I took it to the shop at the dealer I bought it from he claimed it was normal for that vehicle! I am just truly annoyed. I bought the vehicle in May 2016 and never expected to have this issue. I hope Honda reads this because obviously they did not fix the issue that they knew existed and probably rolling out the 2017 with the same problem! I am going all the way with this until someone fixes it !
I am have the same issues, yesterday check engine, TPMS, power steering and stability control lights came on, self reset after turning off the car but still vibrating very badly. scheduling an appointment with the dealer tomorrow

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I brought my CR-V to my local dealership and had two technicians feel and review the vibrations and said the vibrations aren't to be concerned about and everything feels normal and car has all the latest updates :0

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm really curious if Honda will address this vibration issue with the 2017+ CR-V LX/Base model at least with the K24W carryover engine? I just keep on hoping they can get down to the spice of the problem and fix and apply these updates to address this vibration st idle issue and apply the improvements/fixes to the previous 2015/2016 CR-V models also with this vibration issue and complaint.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Correction: I hope they can find and get to the source of this issue/problem because this needs to be addressed, improved and fixed completely.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My friends and I have 6 newer CRVs within 3 miles of my house. There are 3- 2015s and 3- 2016s. They are EX(1), EX-L(4) and Touring(1). None of us have had any vibrations or other issues with them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well on the positive notice I don't notice or feel any vibration while I am driving the vehicle and I must make a compliment that engine does operate and feels very smooth and the engine revs happily :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just turn on your headlights (on not auto) idle goes up to 700 rpm and the vibration goes away.
Mine got so bad at 10k miles it gave me nausea. I had the tsbs done and it got slightly better. Then I read Mobil one had downgraded their oil. And the best synthetics now are pennzoil platinum or Castrol titanium. Or Amsoil. I put in Pennzoil and 4oz Archoil ar9100 additive. It worked so good I completely forgot about the vibration for a year. When I changed the oil with OReilly synthetic and vibration came back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hello I was just wondering does anyone seem to know where is this vibration coming from? I was curious is it the engine or is it the cvt transmission which one has the more vibration? Again on my 2016 CR-V (K24W9) it only vibrates when in drive mode and is most noticeable when idling and waiting at a traffic light and turning on the fan helps for only a few minutes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts