Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2016 EX Stereo Wiring Question

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Sim2737 
#1 ·
Good Afternoon! I recently purchased a 2016 Honda CRV EX AWD. This model has 6 speakers and no subwoofer. I'm thinking about adding a Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered subwoofer under the passenger seat. I'd like to retain the factory stereo and limit the hacking of the factory harness to obtain speaker level inputs. I've looked at purchasing Metra 70-1729 and 71-1729 to make a "T" harness. This way, I do not alter the factory wiring and it can easily be removed if desired. The sites that I've visited simply say: "Honda 2008 - Up" for compatibility with these connectors. Can anyone verify if these connectors will truly work with my 2016 EX? Thank you in advance!

#2 ·
I can't confirm 100% but, I know that's the correct harness for the LX standard (non-touch screen) radio and I'd be surprised if it isn't the same one for your vehicle. Fortunately, the radio is extremely easy to pull out (pop out the air vents on either side, undo four bolts, and pull) so, I'd just do that and take a look. If it takes you more than 5 minutes to do that, you should probably find a stereo shop to install the sub for you anyway. ;) Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.