Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 CRV EX . I purchased it new and it works great but it has developed a clunking noise in the rear when going over uneven road especially in cold weather. Both rear struts have been replaced twice plus the rear sway bar bushings and links have been changed out. The sound is still there and seems to be getting worse . On the open highway the vehicle dives as it should But I am getting frustrated , anyone driving in the vehicle with me always asks what is wrong with your truck.

Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
Check your spare tire tools and spare are secure, usually prople have loose end link nuts but im assuming when they changed yours they torqued it all to spec.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2016 CRV EX . I purchased it new and it works great but it has developed a clunking noise in the rear when going over uneven road especially in cold weather. Both rear struts have been replaced twice plus the rear sway bar bushings and links have been changed out. The sound is still there and seems to be getting worse . On the open highway the vehicle dives as it should But I am getting frustrated , anyone driving in the vehicle with me always asks what is wrong with your truck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info but that has been tried. The Honda mechanic before replacing the last set of rear struts took everything out of the back and sat in the spare tire area as I drove him around. This clunking noise usually starts in cold weather below 4 or 5 degrees Celsius. Today the temperature is 22 degrees Celsius and I just came back from a test drive no clunking sound at all.??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts