Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 EX-l factory sound system is poor and has anyone changed all 7 speakers. I don't want to buy a new head unit.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
What are you looking for? I find the system to be very good. No need to rattle the neighbors windows!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My system is poor, I have a 2000 Saturn sound great, had a 2010 Prius better sound and company car( 2014 escape) and the sound is great. As far as the 2016 EXL sound system is not very good. Maybe just replacing all 7 speakers will help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got a JL Audio ACS100LG powered subwoofer installed on my 2014 EX with the 6 speaker audio, gave it a nice punch, and easily removable if I need the trunk space. Just need to work on the door speakers next.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For me the sound system was the biggest disappointment in the CRV, why on earth put a 7" display in that does nothing.

I changed the speakers first, yes it helped and was rather in-expensive. Next I changed the Head unit. This was a little expensive because of the wiring harness and camera interfaces. But it was a major improvement. To my disappointment, the Metra interfaces for the camera really fell short, while they claim it will allow the clock to be adjusted, it doesn't and support hasn't been able to remedy this even after hours on the phone and several software updates. Plus the side image is rather washed out and over saturated.

If I were to do it again, I would not waste the time or money on the camera interfaces, while nice not really worth the cost of benefit IMO. I'd buy a more basic unit that supported Android Auto / Car Play and be done with it.

When I purchased the CRV there was a lot of buz around that the head unit was going to receive a software update, but I never see anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts