Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2016 Factory radio replacement **RETAINING CAMERAS**

13K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  obetbalx 
#1 ·
Alright dudes, so I won some money on a scratch ticket during Christmas so I went with a radio upgrade finally. I really didn't want to loose my cameras, and after checking out some stuff on Crutchfield I found that radios with an iDataLink port should retain the cameras properly. I went ahead and ordered it all, including the $25 Ready Harness service (which I would never order another radio without) and installed it. The radio is the Pioneer DMH-1500NEX, and god damn it sounds so much better than stock. The install was fairly simple as well, I didn't have to crimp any wires or de-pin any connectors, just plugged in all the harnesses, flashed my Meastro RR module, and I was done.

Not a huge fan of how the radio sits in kind far, but other than that it's a great upgrade. Both rearview and lane watch cameras still work, just gotta figure out if I can get the radio to trigger the laneview camera on a turn signal. Backup camera worked first try with no screwing around with stuff which is exactly what I was looking for. I also retained the factory USB port in the center console, so that still works and does Android Auto.

I see a lot of these questions asked here so I thought I would make a thread about my install. Not sponsored, but Crutchfield really makes this stuff easy...

See less See more
#2 ·
So the lane change camera doesn't come on automatically with the turn signal like stock?

I want to change the head unit to something with Android auto on our 2016 EX but I don't want to lose the backup camera and the lane change camera.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Yes that's correct. I have yet to figure out how to get the Lanewatch camera to come on with the turn signal. Maybe there is a way to do it, and I just can't figure it out? However the backup camera worked with no extra effort right out of the box, only thing that doesn't work is the different views for the backup camera, you now only get the widest view. Doesn't bother me much though.

#6 ·
I did a check on Crutchfield, and this was one of the recommended wiring harnesses for installing a new headunit in a 2016 CR-V:

• allows installation of a new iDatalink-ready car stereo in select Honda vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module)
  • retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls, factory Bluetooth, and aux input, plus factory amp and secondary vehicle display (if equipped)
  • also retains your Honda backup camera and lane watch camera (if equipped)
  • displays engine data and vehicle info onscreen

#11 ·
Like I said in my original post. I'm using this harness along with a Maestro into an iDataLink ready head unit and my lanewatch camera does NOT trigger like stock. I can manually bring it up on the radio, but as of yet I can't get the radio to see the turn signal trigger. It seems even if the harness supports it, and the harness works with the radio, both cameras aren't automatically triggered. Only the backup camera on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.