Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Remember the 1990s?

It was a time of angst, flannel and boy bands. A decade best remembered for ushering in the wonders of the Internet, allowing us all to bear witness to dancing babies and annoying hamsters. It was also a time where minivans and large body-on-frame SUVs were popular choices for families on the go.

But like overalls, No Fear and L.A. Gear, tastes change and things fall out of fashion. Instead of being pigeon-holed as a soccer mom in a minivan or having to suffer the unrefined, fuel thirsty penalties of a hulking SUV, people wanted a better family-friendly motoring solution.

This led to the rise of the large crossover. Looking like an SUV, with nearly the same capabilities of an SUV, these large three-row vehicles also blend in the practicality and efficiency of a minivan. For 2016, two of the best-selling vehicles in the segment have been overhauled.

First up is the 2016 Honda Pilot that loses its boxy shape in an effort to gain more comfort and better refinement. Taking it on is the 2016 Ford Explorer that receives a less substantial update, but does offer new style and a more luxury trim package.
Read more about the 2016 Ford Explorer vs 2016 Honda Pilot at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Good article, but how about test some lower trims like the EX-L and XLT? Those are the ones that are going to sell.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I didn’t bother reading the article yet, but I can tell you, a Ford is still a Ford!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
The Explorer is a really good and reliable SUV. I've seen a ton of them with over 200,000 miles and still going.

·
Registered
442 Posts
The Explorer is a really good and reliable SUV. I've seen a ton of them with over 200,000 miles and still going.
yes, I have seen the older body on frame explorers with a ton of miles, a coworker has a 2002 with close to 300k kms and other than some rust he has had no issues.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
After my lease on the Civic I'm planning on getting a bigger SUV and the Explorer is #1 on mine and my wifes list. The Pilot wouldn't be bad if they changed the wheels on the EXL. I'm not interested in spending the money on the Touring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts