Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running 70 in a 70 zone, 60 - 65 in appropriate zones. (Normally go about 5 over.)
Fuel economy is 31.8. But got 34.6 on that segment. Haven't had much of a chance to see about city driving. Drive to work sites is usually 1 hour on highways. 5700 miles since May 13th.

IMG_3390.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AWD. As I mentioned originally, almost all of my driving is highway speeds. When I am around town, it comes out about 25 - 26. I have noticed that 55 - 60 gives really great mileage, 65 is still very good. 70 is about 30mpg but after that things head south.

I have also noticed that sometimes Fuelly is significantly less than my CR-V shown mileage. Figured out itis topping off the tank that does it. Inserted the fuel used at the first shut off and the mileages matched. I don't top off much but a little is all it takes.

And as another thread has discussed, when I have 10 miles left on range, I still have about 2 - 3 gallons left. But since the fuel cools the fuel pump inside the fuel tank (dumbest place I could imagine for a fuel pump) AND my wife keeps giving me "that look" I don't run it down that low.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts