Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Honda CRV is on its third set of rear brakes since it was purchased. This is my first Honda. My previous VWs and Mazdas used to get 80 - 100 km so I know it's not my braking. The mechanic said CRVs of this year are having issues. Warranty is not covering the parts as it's 33k and a year since my last new pads and rotors. Anyone else have advice?

·
Super Moderator
3,156 Posts
My 16 is still good on its factory brakes after 43k miles which is around 74000km. The problem might be the dealers.

·
Registered
147 Posts
'15 EX AWD, 61,000 miles. all original brakes. not as good as when new, but only a little shaking during hard downhill braking with no pulling when stopping. OP may want to get new disks, too?

·
Registered
29 Posts
How do you know that your brakes are due? Is the dealer telling you that, or you inspect and measure your rotors and pads?

·
Registered
128 Posts
i've got a '15 AWD model and i'm still on the original brakes at 45K miles. Can you tell us about your driving habits? maybe the parking brake is slightly engaged even though the car is saying it is not? that's ridiculous that you're on your third set if it's normal driving.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2015 EX-L FWD - I just changed the original brakes this weekend at 94K miles. They still had some life left but decided it was time since I was flushing the brake lines anyhow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just replaced the rear brakes on my 2016 CRV due to a stuck pad. Only 6,500 on it.

All pads except for the stuck one were good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts