Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I changed my battery and now my steering angle is out of wack . If you press power ,home , and eject on the non navigation Honda link radio it will take you to the diagnostic screen that you click on which is the second option then press and hold menu it will take you to a bunch or options that you can scroll down a page and see steer angle setting and when pressed will tale you to 2 options for adjustment , cutting side and return side . mine are off and are set at 330 cutting and 262 return . I would like to ask if anyone knows the correct degrees or number it should be . Forgot to mention it does change the angle ,tightness and centering of the steering angle from what I have noticed but if anyone has a crv similar to mine and would be able to enter those setting so I can see what their settings are would be a great help .

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Have you tried calling a Honda Dealer and asking them?
Sorry, but that's all I have besides trying to search online with Google, etc.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes called them and they said they have no idea what I am talking about even after explaining it to them over and over . Just need someone that has a 2016 with the honda link non nave unit to enter the app and look at the values they have then I can enter the same into mine and everything would be back to normal .Up here in Fl some dealers charge you just to look and inspect the vehicle then charge you to do the work of course but it just a simple problem .

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
yes called them and they said they have no idea what I am talking about even after explaining it to them over and over . Just need someone that has a 2016 with the honda link non nave unit to enter the app and look at the values they have then I can enter the same into mine and everything would be back to normal .Up here in Fl some dealers charge you just to look and inspect the vehicle then charge you to do the work of course but it just a simple problem .
Try calling another dealer. They don't have to be near you or even in your own state.

Maybe someone else with a 2016 will actually respond.
I don't even know what steer angle cutting side and return side is or does.

Check out this vid for possible help:
Or try putting Honda Steering Angle Sensor Calibration procedure in the search box in Google and YouTube.com.

Buffalo4

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a similar thing as in the video but Crv's steering angle cannot be disabled , I will take a picture of the menu page on the head unit and post it . Not sure if it is the same with Navi but I will do some research on it . Will be back with the pic soon .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the Honda cry's with navi might have the same method to access the steering angle menu .Ondarvr it might work on yours and all I need it to see the setting on yours . It will not affect or damage yours in any way just by entering the screen page and looking .Thanks fellas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the pic are not in order for some reason but the first one is the page I need the values for .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Called a few dealers and they charge 150.00 just to look at it because it is related to steering then whatever else it may cost . All I ask if someone has the same head unit that can enter the diagnostic screen and tell me what is entered on theirs ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank You BKF for checking that for me now it is back to normal so far . Your time and information is really appreciated .Thanks again .

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Thank You BKF for checking that for me now it is back to normal so far . Your time and information is really appreciated .Thanks again .
Sounds like the vehicle simply had to have some time to recalibrate on it's own after the battery voltage loss.

THIS is exactly why I always jumper 12vdc from an adjacent vehicle across my Honda power connections BEFORE pulling a battery and swapping it. That way... nothing looses power and needs to try to reset or recalibrate. It seems the newer Hondas are pretty good about self-reseting on power return... but as a retired electrical engineer.. I never trust the software chimps to have coded things right to insure power return = all systems normal and functional. :)

And .. knock on wood...I never get caught by a bad battery after the fact, because I maintain them and run a diagnostic check on them monthly... and when I see one start to go soft on me.. it gets replaced BEFORE I get a morning surprise with a dead battery.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts