Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I recently sold my 2011 Mazda Tribute GX 5MT FWD and I am picking up a 2016 Honda CR-V EX AWD. I have decided to go with Weather Tech mats instead of the OEM units because of the greater coverage. Now I have to decide which hood deflector to buy. I can get an Auto Ventshade one for $57.92 Canadian shipped vs the OEM unit at $270.77 plus tax!! Here's the AVS one I am looking at (edit: I can't post a link until I get 5 posts. Its on amazon.ca) The description says its for 2012-2014 but it also says it will fit my 2016 at the top of the page when I enter my vehicle information. Thanks for any help. Cheers :cool:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hi. Welcome.

What help are you looking for? $270 vs $57. Suggestions to make you spend more or spend less?

IMO, why buy one at all? They don't look good. Hard to clean under them. My suggestion is not to get one. Sorry. :)

An alternative is to get a strip of 3M or similar clear film applied to prevent stone chips. But, it's up to you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was asking if the one that fits the 2012-14 also fits the 2015-16 models and if anyone had experience with the AVS brand. I installed a hood deflector on my Mazda3 after getting stone chips and they definitely do help. Thank you for the reply and 3M suggestion.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I put an AVS one on my mother's 2006 CRV when she first got it and it's held up pretty well over the years. She's been telling me i need to get one for my 2015 CRV to prevent rock chips to my hood when i'm on the expressway but i haven't see one that covers a big portion of the hood like hers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't answer you question, Sorry.

If you like Weathertech products, have you priced theirs?
I tried but they don't have one for the 2016 CR-V. We picked our CR-V up yesterday and have the Weather Tech mats and Honda cargo liner. My wife loves the vehicle but it was by far THE WORST buying experience of any product EVER. If anyone is in New Brunswick, Canada, avoid Moncton Honda!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Kinda related, but just as a FYI to others that Lund branded hood deflector doesn't work with the Touring model. You can install it fine, but the hood won't close all the way due to the design coming in the way of the Honda badge where the cameras for the safety system/dynamic cruise control are.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had an AVS hood reflector on my 2005 CRV for at least seven years and it held up great. I recently bought a 2016 CRV LX and have been considering a hood deflector also. For the protection and equally the look, I liked the look on the 2005 CRV and I also have one on my 2008 Element of which it is holding up really well and I also love the look it gives. The new CRV design on the GEN4 though, the deflector would be so small that I'm not sure I'd like the look. I'd be interested if you do install one to see a picture.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi. Welcome.

What help are you looking for? $270 vs $57. Suggestions to make you spend more or spend less?

IMO, why buy one at all? They don't look good. Hard to clean under them. My suggestion is not to get one. Sorry. :)

An alternative is to get a strip of 3M or similar clear film applied to prevent stone chips. But, it's up to you.
QFT . Xpel or avery works too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will have it tomorrow but I'm away with work for 3 weeks. I'll see if my wife can install it and have her send me pictures.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought the tinted one. I'm still away with work so my wife and son are planning to install it. I haven't driven the CRV yet but my wife loves it. I was pushing for a manual transmission Forester but she chose the CRV because of the great luck we've had with our 2003 Odyssey, which is still going strong. We also considered a CX-5 and CX-9. I love what Mazda did with the 2016 CX-9 and have always liked the CX-5.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My wife opened the hood deflector and it gets installed with 2 sided tape, not clips. She wants to wait and let me install it when I get home.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry for the delay. I finally made it home and installed the AVS bug deflector. It came with 2 alcohol pads to prep the surface and it only took 5 minutes to install. I am very happy with the results and like the look much better than the Honda deflector with its visible metal mounts and screws. I could buy 5 of the AVS units for the price of 1 Honda. The only negative thing I could say is the AVS deflector would not "deflect" rocks/bugs away from the windshield as well as the higher Honda deflector. I have no regrets buying the AVS on Amazon.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts