Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my Honda CR-V has 900 miles on it I brought it in to the dealership because when I'd decelerate it judders between 1500rpms- 1000rpms. They said it might take awhile to settle in but now that I've gotten it back it's now juddering with acceleration too and when I break to stop it seems like the mph are still going down when I am already stopped. Also noticed that going downhill it stays in a lower gear and doesn't want to seem to release from that. Anyone experiencing anything similar? It's not fun or nice to drive with these constant judders all over the place. Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
The hill decent while holding the gear is normal I believe. The crv holds the gear longer as it to attempts to maintain your speed a bit better as soon as the hill starts to level out it releases the gear.

Of course someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But I experience the same when descending a hill.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that comment. I think I've heard that too about the downhill. I'm really annoyed by the judder, which I don't know is normal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumpiness. It feels like it is very rough "shifting" going between 1500rmps to 1000 rpms and visa versa.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Does not sound acceptable to me. There is no shifting. CVT's don't shift. You're getting the runaround. It will settle down eventually is BS. Is there another Honda dealer near you?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Not freewheeling downhill is a feature...

Thanks for that comment. I think I've heard that too about the downhill. I'm really annoyed by the judder, which I don't know is normal.
Not freewheeling downhill sometimes is a feature designed into the shifting regime to help prevent excessive shifting and braking in hilly terrain. Honda calls it "Grade Logic." I hated it, at first. Now it seems to be of benefit making it worth the minor annoyance.

CVT's are VERY sensitive to fluid. There is a chance the fluid is low, contaminated, or maybe even the wrong fluid. If someone checked it, found it low, and put in anything but the SPECIAL Honda CVT fluid it might do anything.

The description of your Judder sounds a lot like that of one of the vibration Modes of the '15 when accelerating. Sounds like it is hunting for the right ratio to be in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts