Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2016 LX which came with dealer installed aftermarket KARR alarm. The KARR alarm makes one or two loud car horn beeps when pressing the key remote lock/unlock buttons. The beeps were annoying and I found a setting to turn them off. The KARR alarm is still active and has not been disabled or removed.
Now the only sound I hear is the door lock solenoids opening or closing but was wondering if this is the sound a stock 2015-16 LX should make? Or is there a separete quieter 'chirp' sound maker for a LX model? I would prefer a 'chirp' sound to confirm door lock/unlock if it is stock in a LX without the KARR alarm installed.
Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Going by memory ... when I unlock my 16 SE I only hear the solenoids click.
Upon relocking (with a single press) I'll hear the same sound - but if I double press it'll also emit a confirmation chirp. I think.

If I had both shoes 'n britches on I'd go outside and verify it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be eternally thankful were you to post a picture of the control module and tell how you turned it off!
Hello,
I assume your car came with a dealer installed KARR brand alarm which beeps the horn when you press the key fob lock/unlock button.

The KARR alarm can be programmed to not beep the car horn. I didn't remove the alarm but simply re-programmed it. The instructions are in the KARR manual which came with my car but can also be found online if you know the alarm model. I can look for my manual and post instruction later this week.
In the meantime, do you know where your blinking 'blue led' alarm button is as you'll need to press it in a certain sequence to silence the horn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts