Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CR V LX AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 LX that I am looking to put an aftermarket radio in. Planning to have a Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX unit professionally installed. My question revolves around the backup camera. When they install the new radio, will the "parking lines" or the "car outline" show up on the Pioneer unit when the car is in reverse? Or will the backup camera still project the "car outline" onto the smaller screen that came standard on the vehicle? Or will I lose the "car outline" lines altogether? Hope my question makes sense.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,063 Posts
Great question. Not sure if someone has the answer for you but if you don't get it here, please come back with pictures to tell us what you discover.

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX
67 Posts
if your backup camera is showing in the imid display, then it will not be shown on your new radio unless you tell the installer to do so. This will involve the removal of a lot of parts like the imid assembly just to gain access to the video display signals located at the imid display terminal ports.

I already replace my 2013 civic headunit (sony carplay/android) with the reverse camera still viewed on the imid display. Maybe will try to explore transferring the reverse camera on another weekend but it will entail a lot of removal which i dont like

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi kvchicago,
I'm from Webster, NY and brought a 2016 Dec Honda CRV LX in the month of March by trading in my 2014 Honda CRV LX which had 54,000 miles on it. I love music and a audiophile as well. So always look for that thump up sound along with Navigation as I love to drive and explore new places. I upgraded my 2014 CRV LX with a 10.1 inch aftermarket chinese Android Radio and let me tell you it was just blew my mind away. Great Sound from the same Factory Speakers (4 speakers) which actually sucks with the factory stereo from Honda. So when I traded in my 2014 for a 2016, initially thought of fitting the same on my 2016, but later changed my mind as it looks a bit more bulky and stands out of the Dashboard. So I was looking for something which would look more of a factory stuff, but still gives me all the features at a very reasonable price. So I searched for hell lot of Headunits and got stuck on the 'QSICISL' Model in Amazon. It is just smooth in touch and response, super fast in boot and has 4GB RAM + 32 GB Rom, with a price tag of less that $350. Picture attached.

I am doing Headunit upgrade on my CRVs from May 2017 as DIY Projects, so now it's time to answer your questions:

1. When they install the new radio, will the "parking lines" or the "car outline" show up on the Pioneer unit when the car is in reverse? - As mentioned by obetbalx, it all depends on the headunit you are using. From my experience some headunits I tested gave the guide lines whereas to my surprise some of them even gave the projection lines as well (dynamically moves along the direction of movement of the steering wheel).

2. Or will the backup camera still project the "car outline" onto the smaller screen that came standard on the vehicle? - YES. The image will still show up in the iMid Screen as it is displayed currently but you can get the image on both the screens with a wiring harness (picture attached :: Link: https://onebiz.com.my/index.php?_route_=HondaCRV2012-2016ReverseCameraLinkSocketCG-HD05C-02), but again it will be a pain to pull off the iMid Display to connect the Wiring Harness. To be frank I will not disturb the camera set up from iMid display.

Hope my brief explanation answers your questions and clears your doubt.

My 10.1 Inch Headunit from 2014 Honda CRV LX:

New Android Headunit on my 2016 Honda CRV LX:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.