Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 26,000 miles on the OEM Continental Cross Contact LX tires and they are SO LOUD I can't stand it ! Anyone else find this ? Ready to buy new Michelin Tires and dump these noisy tires already.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Seems everyone complains about the stock tires Honda uses.
They don't last long and are noisy.
You'd think they'd put on great tires from the start.
Subaru used to use Yokohama Geolanders which were dubbed "Geosquealers" by new owners, they too didn't last long. didn't matter what speed you were doing they always squealed when making a turn, made you sound like a hoon without acting like one.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,073 Posts
Tires tend to get noisier as they wear. At 26000 how much longer do you think yours will last?

·
Registered
2022 CRV EX FWD 2013 CRV EX FWD
3,019 Posts
I have the same tires on my 2013 with just over 43,xxx miles on them. I will agree that they are noisy on certain road surfaces. We're taking a trip to Phoenix from South Texas in a couple weeks and will be putting about 3,000 miles on the V. I plan on replacing the tires after the trip since they all measure a 5/32 right now. Let us know what you replace them with.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
My '10 EXL got a lot quieter after rear toe was corrected.

Have 26,000 miles on the OEM Continental Cross Contact LX tires and they are SO LOUD I can't stand it ! Anyone else find this ? Ready to buy new Michelin Tires and dump these noisy tires already.
Rear toe was so bad it was causing a slight pull right, and tire noise on some pavement.

also, I notice increased tire noise when I remove or fold the cargo shelf - it makes a BIG difference in road noise. New around $400! You might find one at salvage - Only EXL's have them but '07 through '11 will all fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts