Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone-I'm new to this forum and am hoping someone can help me with this. I've noticed that on the drivers seat side bolster there are some marks. I'm not quite sure what they are or what is causing them? I don't think this is suppose to happen to a car that's a little more than a year old. Is anyone else experiencing this with their CR-V? Also, is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

·
Banned
806 Posts
Have you put any leather conditioner on those seats in the year you have owned it? If not I would pick up a quality conditioner and have at it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When i run my hands through it its pretty smooth, but if you pinch the bolster you can see the cracks. Also, you don't really see it unless you look closely at the bolster. I do use the Armor all leather wipes every so often. Is that suppose to help from making it worse? I think next time I bring the car in for service I'll have them take a look to see if anything can be done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have personally used a two-part leather cleaner /rejuvinator and conditioner known as Leatherique and this has kept my leather in all my vehicles like new and soft and supple.
Use it 2-3 times a year.
Give it a try, its the very best there is.
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As an alternative to the Armor All, does anyone recommend using Meguiar's products? If not, I will definitely give the Leatherique product a try.

·
Banned
806 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
I've noticed getting out that I often sorta slide out in certain situations. I wonder if any clothing is rough/rivets that can cause this ?? Just a thought. Craig

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I kinda thought is causing this too. I've been trying lately not to slide out of the seat to cause more cracks. Still, I don't think this should be happening to a car that's a little over a year old..

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hey everyone-I'm new to this forum and am hoping someone can help me with this. I've noticed that on the drivers seat side bolster there are some marks. I'm not quite sure what they are or what is causing them? I don't think this is suppose to happen to a car that's a little more than a year old. Is anyone else experiencing this with their CR-V? Also, is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance for the help.
That looks like bonded leather to me as the same thing has happened to an office chair that I use when I'm sitting at my PC (i.e. now), eventually it will peel and fall off.

Take the vehicle back whilst it's under Warranty and complain long & loud, in other words don't let them fob you off with BS.

·
Registered
64 Posts
(IMHO only) I think this may be due to you wearing a tougher cloth type such as jeans more than slacks, and this is from your ingress/egress to/from the car.

Happened to me on my old civic only on the side bolster of the backrest since it was the one being roughed over by my jeans. (Car was slammed like crazy)

Sent from my G9208SS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I think problems with seats are usually caused by two things based on people I know and the conditon of their seats over time. Rough clothing like jeans and similar materials wears the seat material far more than smoother fabrics. The way the driver gets in and out of the vehicle also impacts the wear and it is worse when it is combined with rough fabrics. My son-in-law can put 200,000 miles on a vehicle and the seats still look new. I know a couple of people who have ruined seats in less than 50,000 miles. A heavy person sliding into a seat with rough clothing many times causes excessive early wear that will happen regardless of the quality of the seat material.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for everyone's help. I've talked to my local Honda dealership and am coming in on Monday for the service manager to take pictures of the seat and their going to send the pictures to the district manager. If the district manager approves, it'll be fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry for not posting an update-been busy with the holidays and such. Yes the dealership did approve the fix under warranty. The service manager took a look at the bolster and said he would order the part and contact me when it was in..been about 2 weeks now since then and plan on following up sometime in the next few days. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts