Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda made too many compromises in this model. A/C that can't cool the car off when it's over 100. Anemic radio, Worthless Navigation, Excessive Road Noise, Battery Drain etc. Final straw was sitting at a red light with the vibration while in drive. Honda knows it's still an issue and the dealer says there is nothing that can be done when in fact a simple bump of 50 rpm's would fix it. I had such high hopes for the car but it really was a letdown and I'm surprised I kept it for this long.

Thank you all for the wonderful info that fellow owners have contributed.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My wife's 2014 CRV touring has many of your 2016's same behaviour as well. re: Engine vibration at stop light, very poor front headlight lighting, good radio but "very poor" built in antenna, my portable Garmin GPS blows its factory in-dash factory GPS out of the water, slanted rear wheel camber, etc. Yes. I love many of its things but some things, Honda Engineers could have done much better. And like you, not too sure I'd buy a Honda CRV again.

Note: We've owned my wife's 2014 CRV for only 4 months and already know that we would not buy it again. For now, it will do....

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,914 Posts
What did you replace the CRV with?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I recently purchased a low mileage 2016 CRV Touring, my results have been different.

Zero vibration at an idle, very smooth actually.

For what it is, a small lower cost AWD, it’s rather quiet on the road. Much better than any of the Subaru’s I’ve owned.

The ride is good, and so is the handling. Not as sporty as the same year Escape Turbo I had, but no complaints yet. It has a solid feel.

The sound system is adequate, not great, but we don’t push the limits, so it’s OK.

We don’t even attempt to use the navigation system, too much effort for mediocre at best results. But we don’t use the Nav systems in any of our vehicles, still old school Garmin gps, it just works.

It gets hot here, so far the AC has worked fine, no complaints.

I drive a great deal for work, more than 1,000 miles a week isn’t uncommon, so I’ve gone through many company vehicles over the the years.

This CRV rates fairly high on the list of vehicles I’d like to drive. I do know that some had problems, maybe we just got lucky.

I also know first hand how much of a money pit Subaru’s can be, I have a love hate relationship with them. Vibrations at idle and a poor Nav system don’t compare to blown head gaskets, bad valve springs, excessive oil consumption, blown turbo’s plus other well documented problems.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I forgot to add I don’t have the battery drain problem either, but it doesn’t have the stock battery in it, so I’ll wait to see if it becomes a problem in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts