Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost new (< 8000 miles on odo) 2016 Touring.

After driving normally, parked and returned to car and touching door handle no longer unlocked door.
Took transmitter out of pocket and determined that Yes, it still had red LED signal light but none of the buttons worked.
Since I had to continue my daily drive, removed the Valet Key in order to open driver side door, held transmitter next to Start button and started car.

Not an issue with either car battery (voltage is 13.2) which is also 2 months new Bosch AGM.
Not an issue with transmitter battery and the 2nd backup transmitter also does not open doors but red LED lights up.
The code/console message for Transmitter Battery has never shown up.

The entire interior is also "dead", no radio, no iMID screen, unable to even turn on radio which makes sense in Valet Key mode.
Unable to open rear hatch manually unless engine is running, then hold down the button next to door pillar which unlocks the rear door but does not run the motor. Must then leave engine running, manually lift hatch and manually close it.
Doors also do not lock, must manually go to each door and close the lock switch and close door.

Perhaps a simple reprogramming of the transmitter ? Wonder what made it "lose" signal in the middle of the day and if there is a known issue with this scenario ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
that sounds really jacked up, man... I'd take it back to the dealer (maybe take a video of the issue as well if you can replicate it still).

I haven't had any issues like that with my '16 Touring <knock on wood>

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cannibal869 said:
..maybe take a video of the issue as well if you can replicate it still...
Not sure what the video content would add to details ? Two "dead" transmitters (FOB) ? That do nothing ? There is also nothing to replicate as only Valet Key opens driver door.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Possible reason(s) are from 2 to 5 in this video .. dealer service advisor claims "..have never seen this.." but then he also did not know how to start the engine after I handed him the 2 transmitters. I asked "Do you not know how the Valet Key system works in All Hondas?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts