Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are considering a 2016, currently have a 2005. Are there any concerns we should be worried about? We have noticed quite a few for sale with less than 50,000 miles on them.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Pull up a chair and start here:

·
Registered
212 Posts
As an owner of a 16, I can say that other than a few minor things, which we haven’t experienced, they’re fine.

Vibration in the 15s was a problem that is fixed by the dealers.

The navigation system is poor, but so is just about every other brand. So Don’t pay more, or look for one with Nav.

The oil problems were typically in the earlier and later models. I’m sure somebody’s had a problem with a 15 or 16 though.

Some people have problems with the brakes wearing out quickly, frequently they live in places where the roads are salted, causing them to rust and stick.

Sometimes the rear tires wear quickly, this means it probably needs a 4 wheel alignment.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,194 Posts
With the popularity of leasing, I'm sure that the large number of '16s that are available is due to the fact that many are coming off-lease.

I'd look for records of consistent oil changes and other maintenance (just like with any other used car). I've known some lessees (sp?) that never TOUCH their cars, you don't want a car that has been run low on oil.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As an owner of a 16, I can say that other than a few minor things, which we haven’t experienced, they’re fine.

Vibration in the 15s was a problem that is fixed by the dealers.

The navigation system is poor, but so is just about every other brand. So Don’t pay more, or look for one with Nav.

The oil problems were typically in the earlier and later models. I’m sure somebody’s had a problem with a 15 or 16 though.

Some people have problems with the brakes wearing out quickly, frequently they live in places where the roads are salted, causing them to rust and stick.

Sometimes the rear tires wear quickly, this means it probably needs a 4 wheel alignment.
We are considering a 2016, currently have a 2005. Are there any concerns we should be worried about? We have noticed quite a few for sale with less than 50,000 miles on them.
love ours. Brakes all done twice so FarNot happy about that. Gets 50 mpg on hwy and uses 1 litre oil between changes. Rides nice. Otherwise Fantastic SUV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts