Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017-2018 Crash Test vs the Competition

I was wondering if many in this site care about crash test?

Since I have a precious cargo riding, I like to have a decent safety vehicles.

That being said, the new 2017-2018 Honda CRV models do really well specially on the crash called small overlap test.
Not only does it do well on the driver's side but also on the passenger's side. Some manufactures do poor, especially on the passenger side like the 2015- 2018 Rav4.

Other vehicles that do great on the driver and passenger test are, the MAZDA CX5, KIA SPORTAGE, HYUNDAI TUCSON and others.

So, my question again is, do you guys look into safety crash test or just prefer to stick to reliability, or both?
The main reason I got my 2018 CRv is the safety.
I also have a 2017 Mazda CX5 GT, which does really well too.

Not happy with the gas and oil mix but I'm just waiting to see what Honda will do about it. If not, I would look into the 2019 Rav4 or 2019 Subaru Forester. I expect the 2019 Rav4 acing the crash test done by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

Below is the link for of the crash test for our new Honda CRV and the windshield didn't even cracked. FYI, the crash test was done at 40 MPH.

What are your thoughts on this?

2017-2018 CRV crash test video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6Qr6nYykA

2015-2018 RAV4 crash test video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwVltXdCZKk

2018 CRV ratings
https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/honda/cr-v-4-door-suv

2018 RAV4 ratings
https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/toyota/rav4-4-door-suv

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
We made sure that our daughter was in a safe vehicle.
Watched all the videos prior to purchasing.

The only thing i Hate HATE HATE! is the ceiling mounted carseat anchor.
Mdx and rdx had center mounted with latch

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
The RAV4 passenger side rating is disappointing. I am not sure if I could live with myself knowing I walked away from an accident and one of my children or my wife did not.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,535 Posts
The small overlap test has caused problems for everyone. Older cars like Toyota's fail miserably. Several newer designs had trouble until fixed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Safety is my top priority when choosing which vehicle to buy. When I decided to purchase a small SUV, I chose the CR-V because of the safety rating (and I really like the car).
Same with my sedan, safety is paramount. There were several good choices with top safety ratings in the full size luxury sedan category, but I chose the 19 Lexus LS 500 over the others because of previous LS ownership, and top tier safety features and build quality.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Safety is my top priority when choosing which vehicle to buy. When I decided to purchase a small SUV, I chose the CR-V because of the safety rating (and I really like the car).
Same with my sedan, safety is paramount. There were several good choices with top safety ratings in the full size luxury sedan category, but I chose the 19 Lexus LS 500 over the others because of previous LS ownership, and top tier safety features and build quality.

I was looking into the Lexus NX 200T prior to my purchase of the CRV, but I was concerned with the passenger's crash test since there's no crash test.
I believe they share the same platform with the Rav4, but I'm not sure.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I was looking into the Lexus NX 200T prior to my purchase of the CRV, but I was concerned with the passenger's crash test since there's no crash test.
I believe they share the same platform with the Rav4, but I'm not sure.
I believe you are right that these vehicles share platforms, but I don't think that necessarily means that they would share the same test results.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,535 Posts
Lets stay on topic crash test results. That means you Silverboy and Genesis.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lets stay on topic crash test results. That means you Silverboy and Genesis.
Did you read the name of this thread?

2017-2018 Crash Test vs the Competition

It's about having a conversation about vehicles and keeping information going.
And about letting others provide information that one might not get anywhere else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts