Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appreciate some help here as I am looking to upgrade old CRV with 2018 CRV.
On Honda Canada website, seeing i) standalone roof racks and ii) rails+cross bars combi sold as separate accessory options for the current year CRV .
But was informed by local honda dealership that the 2018 CRV roof rack is the ii) rails + crossbars combi and not i) standalone roof rack.
They said Touring model comes inclusive of rails (so only cross bars need to be purchased) but I am not considering the touring model.
Also are these racks easily adjustable forward/backwards or are they fixed in their positions?
Thanks to anyone shedding some light on this. Ed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Look for installation manual of each of these parts. Helped me when I had similar questions for my 2015 crv - estore.honda.com

·
Registered
242 Posts
There isn't any adjustment front to back. There is only 1 position. There is a post about making new holes. Also, there is a standalone rack for us non touring folks. 8L02-TLA-100A.

·
Registered
56 Posts
As far as I've been able to figure - Honda only sells the flush rails and crossbars(seperately or as a set). I was coming from a 2005 CRV and was sorely dis-appointed the new OEM rails and bars. If you are looking for raised roof rails, there are some on Ebay, but I have yet to get info on what Crossbars would pair with them.

I've listed some of the posts on the rails, bars and racks - I would start with these, there are quite a bit more if you want to do more searching.

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/135425-2017-crv-roof-rails-cross-bars-review.html

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/165938-2017-crv-roof-rack-options.html

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/165938-2017-crv-roof-rack-options.html

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/146506-roof-rail-crossbar-installation.html

·
Registered
242 Posts
As far as I've been able to figure - Honda only sells the flush rails and crossbars(seperately or as a set). I was coming from a 2005 CRV and was sorely dis-appointed the new OEM rails and bars. If you are looking for raised roof rails, there are some on Ebay, but I have yet to get info on what Crossbars would pair with them.
See my comment above yours. Honda does sell a rack where the rails are not needed for the non-touring. 8L02-TLA-100A

·
Registered
56 Posts
I guess technically your right and Honda likes the rack description but, I think a better description would be rail-less crossbars, to me a rack stands off the roof on both the sides and cross.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for helpful replies & suggestions. Finally, dealership checked and advised that they do have standalone roof racks (cocofalco's rail-less crossbars) for the 2018 model (apparently something new) .

·
Registered
16 Posts
2018 Rails and cross bars

See my comment above yours. Honda does sell a rack where the rails are not needed for the non-touring. 8L02-TLA-100A
I have a 2018 CRV EX and just bought the rails and cross bars from College Hills. I wish I had seen the stand-alone rack posted here but probably about the same - although the rails cost about $300......

I did the install myself, at night, outside in the January cold (which I don't recommend, btw) but goes to show how easy it is to install and that saved me about $280 on the dealer installation. The only tools you really need are a screwdriver, hacksaw and a torx screwdriver (and about 30 minutes). And a flashlight, if you're doing it in the dark...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 CRV EX and just bought the rails and cross bars from College Hills. I wish I had seen the stand-alone rack posted here but probably about the same - although the rails cost about $300......

I did the install myself, at night, outside in the January cold (which I don't recommend, btw) but goes to show how easy it is to install and that saved me about $280 on the dealer installation. The only tools you really need are a screwdriver, hacksaw and a torx screwdriver (and about 30 minutes). And a flashlight, if you're doing it in the dark...
Is this the kit where you peel out the strips in the channel that run front to back and cut them? We just picked up our 19 EX 2 days ago and I'm feeling a little nervous about removing those strips and cutting parts of our brand new ride. Looks to be a solid kit though at a good price. Could I see a pic of yours installed please? Thanks- sorry to high jack the thread.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm planning on having my local dealer install the roof rails on my '19 EX as soon as they get the parts in. I opted not to install the roof rails myself since I was already having them install the trailer reliever but am planning on picking up the cross bars from College Hills after the rails get installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts