Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

By the time my lease is up the 2020s will be in full production. In looking at the 2020 CR-Vs, it only looks like there are minor exterior/interior changes. On my 2017 CR-V I installed a trailer hitch, and a full Weather tech mats. My guess is there are no changes that would prevent me from moving the equipment from my old CR-V to the new one. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,027 Posts
5th gen not a 6th gen

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
Good morning all,

By the time my lease is up the 2020s will be in full production. In looking at the 2020 CR-Vs, it only looks like there are minor exterior/interior changes. On my 2017 CR-V I installed a trailer hitch, and a full Weather tech mats. My guess is there are no changes that would prevent me from moving the equipment from my old CR-V to the new one. Any thoughts?

Probably a straight pull from the 2017 and apply to a 2020.

That said.. i would actually confirm first.. because it is possible (though unlikely in my view) that they changed something about the floors that could affect reuse of the Weathertech mats. My guess is the hitch would be fine... as I can't think of any reason why anything would change in the rear... though I would also be cautious about this if you get the Hybrid (since it has a new AWD drive train assembly) and the exhaust system would be different as well. I would expect that Honda would retain commonality for things like trailer hitch install across all trims and types.. but you never know until you actually check and verify. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably a straight pull from the 2017 and apply to a 2020.

That said.. i would actually confirm first.. because it is possible (though unlikely in my view) that they changed something about the floors that could affect reuse of the Weathertech mats. My guess is the hitch would be fine... as I can't think of any reason why anything would change in the rear... though I would also be cautious about this if you get the Hybrid (since it has a new AWD drive train assembly) and the exhaust system would be different as well. I would expect that Honda would retain commonality for things like trailer hitch install across all trims and types.. but you never know until you actually check and verify. :)
Will do. Thanks. It's unlikely I'll get the hybrid as it'll probably be ridiculously expensive (my guess above the Touring trim), so it'll likely be another LX 4WD or an EX.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
Will do. Thanks. It's unlikely I'll get the hybrid as it'll probably be ridiculously expensive (my guess above the Touring trim), so it'll likely be another LX 4WD or an EX.
I agree that the hybrid has a premium attached to it (by Honda, due to parts cost and the need to warranty the battery for 8 years, more then anything) but they appear to be providing the Hybrid in all trim levels (needs to be confirmed, but that is what they appear to do in Europe).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree that the hybrid has a premium attached to it (by Honda, due to parts cost and the need to warranty the battery for 8 years, more then anything) but they appear to be providing the Hybrid in all trim levels (needs to be confirmed, but that is what they appear to do in Europe).
Wow, I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to keep that in mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts