Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 EX-L with but 5200 miles on it. I noticed the air conditioning was not cooling several weeks ago. The CR-V has been at the dealership now for 2+ weeks - apparently Honda switched to a new refrigerant but the seals were not designed for the new refrigerant (or so I'm told) so I had leaks from the condenser, clutch and attaching hoses. The dealership has order an entire new system for the CR-V with some hope that it might be received and installed next week - apparently this is a big problem with the Civics and the 1.5T engine so parts are back ordered. Any one else experiencing this? I like the vehicle but having it sit at the dealership for weeks because of major design flaw doesn't say much for Honda design or quality contol. I've owned many Hondas but this may be the last.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I don't recall hearing about this anywhere else. Hopefully your get your car back soon, I can see how this would be frustrating. I love my gen 5. It's had a couple of problems (with known TSBs) but they were fixed quickly, nothing like 2 weeks.

I doubt most people with 17s or 18s have had refrigerant replaced yet. If it is a problem we'll hear about it soon enough.

I'm not disputing what you're saying, but one should always leave the door open for a dealer to not know what they are talking about. Maybe you just have a bad connection or hose and they can't find it, so are blaming the refrigerant.

Fwiw last weekend I looked for updated official Honda service bulletins and TSBs by subscribing to their tech info site for a day and there was nothing at all at that time, so whatever is happening there hasn't been an official Honda communication to dealers yet.

Keep us updated.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,735 Posts
Our friend's '15 Accord has the new R1234 in it, no issues after 55K miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Just at the dealership to pick up a loaner vehicle. The CR-V has now been in for 3 weeks and the dealer has yet to get the new compressor, etc... from American Honda. This is not an isolated incident - 3 other people are also waiting for new compressors, both Civic and CRVs. No telling how long the wait will be for the parts - apparently backlogged because of many failures.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Just at the dealership to pick up a loaner vehicle. The CR-V has now been in for 3 weeks and the dealer has yet to get the new compressor, etc... from American Honda. This is not an isolated incident - 3 other people are also waiting for new compressors, both Civic and CRVs. No telling how long the wait will be for the parts - apparently backlogged because of many failures.
The civic guys have posted up the ‘test’ to what honda tells dealers to test the ac

https://www.civicx.com/threads/please-read-verified-a-c-issue-with-1-5l.13180/page-16

1 - 5 of 5 Posts