Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been suggest to me by a Honda technician that a dealer serviceperson could do a "fuel pressure leakdown" test that might explain the rising oil level for the 1.5L Turbo engine. I guess an injector could leak into the cylinder when it should just hold a back pressure until it is told to open? It takes about 1500 miles for my CR-V to show near the top of the orange dipstick, but if it was just a little bit of gas bleeding into the engine crankcase at every shutdown, would a pressure reading pick that up? And where would someone connect to do that reading? Can that be done at all on the high pressure side of the high pressure oil pump? Or can one see the pressure change on the low pressure side of the high pressure pump that works off the cam? Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,135 Posts
This scenario would seem to affect single cylinders rather than ALL of them.

It's not really a difficult thing to do, in fact its common for troubleshooting leaky injectors on older cars. (The difference, of course, is that DI systems have MUCH higher fuel pressures than older gasoline engines, similar to diesels)

There are SO many variables at play. For example, several manufacturers have gone to lighter-tolerance oil control rings (to help fuel economy) but have been 'bitten' by oil consumption. Can you imaging those parts when forced to resist a turbocharger's pressure?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.