Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
My 2017 model CR-V (top trim model) has an air conditioning issue. The compressor is working, as the air is still coming out cold, but the pressure is almost non-existent and it is making an awful noise.

It seems the fan isn't working properly. I don't know much about cars mechanically, however I do have access to most tools.

So.. is this common or a known issue? Easily fixable for the non-mechanically inclined? Or something I need to have a mechanic do for me?

Thanks I'm advance and please let me know if I can provide any more useful info.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Have you checked the cabin air filter?

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,572 Posts
If you need to replace the AC blower the procedure is simple. Remove a plastic cover, it just pulls off to expose the blower. Then unplug and remove the blower by removing three screws.
The youtube video is for an Odyssey but the procedures the same.

A new blower is around $60.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Can't tell you exactly what your problem is (though removing the cabin filter and seeing if the blower still works is a good start), but I did want to say I love the username! Brake Hold is the feature my wife misses most when she drives her car instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.