Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bluetooth will not turn on, so I am unable to connect a smartphone to the system. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Could be several things. Might already be stuck paired to something else, or it could be disabled in settings (by a glitch if not by user choice).

What model and release OS level is your phone?

Check and confirm Bluetooth did not get set to off first.

Then.. go through the normal pairing exercise with your phone, per this video and see if that fixes it. https://www.hamiltonhonda.net/how-to-pair-your-cellphone-with-the-2017-honda-cr-v.html

You could of course have a dead bluetooth in your CRV... but I would not assume that up front. Go through all the system settings and make sure it did not get disabled.. and then go through a new pairing exercise between your phone and CRV as per the video and instructions contained in the link above.

Let us know of your success or failure... as others will likely weigh in on the thread as well, especially based on your feedback from the above steps.

I personally loathe Bluetooth in vehicles.. as they are somewhat glitchy in my experience, and different phones pairing can raise all kinds of interoperability issues, not to mention RF interference from other transmitters of all kinds out in the environment. I'm not even fond of bluetooth in the home, for the same reasons, except for periodic connection and data downloading to my smartphone on specific devices.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts